night renders

Started by tl33, February 05, 2007, 11:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Use a Default Shader, fill up the Colour image and Luminosity image with a file you find of the moon off of the Internet (try Google Image search and find a detailed image).  You can do something more and create a Displacement map for the Displacement Image and I'm not sure what the Displacement Multiplier should be, but try .05 or .06 to start.

The Default Shader then fits into the Planet Shader.

Quote from: dhavalmistry on February 08, 2007, 10:58:25 AM
can anybody tell me how to get an image to show up  as moon's surface
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

Quote from: calico on February 08, 2007, 11:34:05 AM
Use a Default Shader, fill up the Colour image and Luminosity image with a file you find of the moon off of the Internet (try Google Image search and find a detailed image).  You can do something more and create a Displacement map for the Displacement Image and I'm not sure what the Displacement Multiplier should be, but try .05 or .06 to start.

The Default Shader then fits into the Planet Shader.

Quote from: dhavalmistry on February 08, 2007, 10:58:25 AM
can anybody tell me how to get an image to show up  as moon's surface

Thanx will try it out
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

When I said the Default Shader fits into the Planet Shader, I mean the planet that you created to become your moon.  You'll probably want to leave the main planet (Planet 01) alone and create another planet for your moon.  Not sure I was clear.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

thanx for your concern but you were very clear but I cant get this thing to work...obviously I am doing something wrong...this is what I came up with...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

tl33

after playing with the atmosphere and lighting this is what i got. still need to tweak a bit and try to get a moon in there..

MeltingIce

Quote from: taylor33 on February 08, 2007, 03:15:44 PM
after playing with the atmosphere and lighting this is what i got. still need to tweak a bit and try to get a moon in there..

Thats a very nice and serene render, however it doesn't look like nighttime to me.  If you want it to be nighttime, try making the sun less powerful.  I think its great how it is though :P

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

king_tiger_666

very nice render.. kinda looks like its in the dusk...

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Tangled-Universe

Yeah I like it too, nice bumps in the snow on the right :)

Will

yes, nice terrain.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

tl33

Quote from: MeltingIceThats a very nice and serene render, however it doesn't look like nighttime to me.  If you want it to be nighttime, try making the sun less powerful.  I think its great how it is though :P

hehe. yea, far from night. i know  :P .. i need to get my moon in there so i can change the lighting, but ive just about given up on that .

king tiger said dusk, thats kinda where it went...

will prob do another render with some different light settings. i like my clouds though, and they seem to disappear when i bring the light down.. still need to fuss with it, w.i.p