I call it: Vale of the forgotten

Started by Marcos Silveira, October 26, 2009, 08:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos Silveira

[attachthumb=#]

inkydigit

nice, I love the big bushes, where did you get them?

Marcos Silveira

Henry Blewer

I think the clouds are too geyser like. I do like the strong vertical element of them. Try using a warp shader where the density shader input is. Reconnect the density shader to the bottom input of the warp shader. Use a redirect shader one the top input of the warp shader. Then add a power fractal or two to the redirect shaders x and z inputs. The scales should be about the size of the density shaders.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Marcos Silveira

Thanx. I'll try new improvements like the grass been so sparse without some density here and there, vegetation in the hills and your "directions" for the clouds. I'll try some different soil types too. I really like savannas so I'm going to put some trees like acacias and sycamores. I'm excited for where your settings are going to lead the clouds to. I think of pinkish gradients too. Shit!! Lots of ideas and so few time...

Oh GOD, another +13 hours of render... 8)

Henry Blewer

I hope you like the suggestions for the clouds. I have been using this method sometimes. I got the idea from NWDA's Fantasy Cloud Pack.

Dune

Great image! But perhaps the vegetation and stones should be more clumped, by using a PF for extra distribution...

---Dune

Marcos Silveira

Quote from: Dune on October 27, 2009, 03:50:21 AM
Great image! But perhaps the vegetation and stones should be more clumped, by using a PF for extra distribution...

---Dune

And by PF you mean a Power fractal shader?!? Where would I link it? In the "use blend shader" area within the population node (vegs) and the fake stone shader??? I'll have to wait till weekend for working on it again. :-[

Henry Blewer

A power fractal or a distribution shader would do the trick, in the Blend by Shader input. I use the distribution shader for populations. I set the coverage down between 0.3 and 0.45. and set the spacing of the objects low. Works good for clumping.

Dune

Well, that kind of answers it. Thanks njeneb. I always just attach a Power Fractal to the blend input, and play with the settings of it. Then clicking the seed (of the population and/or the PF) a few times until you get a nice distribution.

Marcos Silveira

Nice!!! Clumpiness is "Da Word" for distributions!!! Thank you all for the suggestions and explanations. It is officially a wip right now!!!

littlecannon

Look forward to seeing your clumps... ::)
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

JimB

I love the clouds, but I'd definitely reduce their Y stretching to even half of that.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.