Strange Rendering error!!!

Started by dhavalmistry, February 06, 2007, 01:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I got these two errors one after another while rendering...I dont know hwat it is so I need someone to tell me what this is for???
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

3DGuy

Are you applying an image map? If so, is it a very high res image?

old_blaggard

Yeah, TG2 can't handle really high res image maps at this point... the largest one I used was *I think* 4000*4000.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Even if the image isn't high res, if you have a lot of other factors it can happen.  For example, if you have more than one object with lots of textures or a lot of objects with some textures or even a complex scene with a character with a large texture, etc.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

I only have 2 object populations in my scene...one is grass and the other one is tree from xfrog and the texture resolution for the leaves of the tree is 858 x 938 and that of bark is 306 x 1024 and one more thing I noticed is that it happened while doing quick render and right now I am doing full render and it hasn't given me error up yet!

Tangled-Universe

I also had it a few times before...didn't use image maps either.

Lucio

Well, TG2 can handle much larger resolutions, I set up a scene with a 10000x10000 214 Mb png as a overlay map and many OBJ populations on a 1G RAM system with no problem

Probably something concerning your computer specs?

dhavalmistry

I have following:

Intel core 2 duo E6600
2GD Dual Channel (800 MHz) ram
320GB SATA HDD
Nvidia 7900 (512 MB) SLI

Lucio

Quote from: dhavalmistry on February 06, 2007, 07:15:11 PM
I have following:

Intel core 2 duo E6600
2GD Dual Channel (800 MHz) ram
320GB SATA HDD
Nvidia 7900 (512 MB) SLI

Much more than my monocore P4  :) so that's strange, with resources like these you shouldn't have any problem

Will

what type of image is it? don't know if this has anything to do with it but someone else might.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

dhavalmistry

The texture image is TIFF that came with xfrog model

MeltingIce

Looks like a memory error to me.  How many objects are in each population?

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

dhavalmistry

buzzzzz

Quote from: dhavalmistry on February 06, 2007, 01:53:29 PM
I got these two errors one after another while rendering...I dont know hwat it is so I need someone to tell me what this is for???

I've also gotten this error, in fact just last night. So I moved the camera a little and so far so good. Did you send this to Planetside Support? Because it's been 4 days since you posted this here and no response from Planetside? They are probably all busy with other things so if you email this you might get an answer.

dhavalmistry

Quote from: buzzzzz on February 10, 2007, 10:20:26 AM
Quote from: dhavalmistry on February 06, 2007, 01:53:29 PM

I've also gotten this error, in fact just last night. So I moved the camera a little and so far so good. Did you send this to Planetside Support? Because it's been 4 days since you posted this here and no response from Planetside? They are probably all busy with other things so if you email this you might get an answer.

Thanx buddy...will do that....