Strange Rendering error!!!

Started by dhavalmistry, February 06, 2007, 01:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taltan

I got the very same error at one point. I concluded that I did not have enough virtual memory. I resolved the problem by closing some programs, where two of them were two instances of TGDP (which used alot of memory even when not rendering ???)

dhavalmistry

I have 2Gb of memory and whenever I do full render I always close everything and run only one instance at a time.....I am still getting the same error....I can try increasing virtual memory if anyone could tell me hoe to do it....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Oshyan

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying. This does generally indicate a memory issue, but it seems odd that you would be getting this given the computer specifications and scene specifics you mentioned. It may help us to look at the scene and see if we can duplicate it on our end. If you can email it to support AT planetside.co.uk that would be great. Please include the objects and textures involved, or links to where they can be downloaded if they're free/public resources.

Thanks!

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

I increased the virtual memory to about 4GB and now it doesnt give me the error but it just crashes for no reason....please help...I would really like to get this render done....

thanx
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"