WiP - Fluke II

Started by Naoo, August 21, 2009, 08:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naoo

Hi

Uff, very tricky :-/

These are too many individual droplets (like spray, image left side).

For the tail tip, it should rather look as if you have a glass of water from tipping.

How to make an imported object transparent? Then could I use a water curtain created in Blender (image right side).

ciao
Naoo

PS: Sorry for the bad English (the computer had to help in the translation)

Henry Blewer

To get the water droplets in Blender, you could use the fluid sim/solver. It does a really good job.
Render the frame in Blender you like best. The camera POV must match Blender's and Terragen's. You can save the fluid object out as a wave front object. Import this into Terragen and use projection from camera for the Blender fuild render onto the wavefront object.
Or reverse it and use Blenders composting suit, which I've seen used in tutorials but never tried.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Naoo

Hi

@ njeneb: Okay, but I would prefer to render the water with TG.
But how? My previous attempts have failed.

Now there are little drops (a cloud layer) around the tail.
And the skin is darker (maybe to dark)?

ciao
Naoo

Henry Blewer

The only way to get a particle system for water drops is an external source. After the mesh has been imported, add Terragen 2's water shader. I am getting ready for work, another 12 hour shift. I'll see what I can figure out, but it's going to be a while.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Tangled-Universe

Very nice update Naoo. The skin is indeed somewhat dark but I don't find it unrealistic at all.
The reflections and "wetness" of the skin is a bit unrealistic maybe, though I like those reflections :)

I'm really looking forward to see if njeneb is able to make this scene work together with blender's fluid sim and of course he hopefully writes a (short) tutorial on how to do these kind of things? :)

Martin

Dune

Perhaps a plane object perpendicular to the sea level, right where the tail end is, then add a (transparant) surface layer and small fake stones as child. To get the plane transparant you might need a default shader. I did a test with falling rock some time ago, but abandoned it. But it did kind of work.

Or draw a line (first change your view temporarily to right down) under the tail end, then use this painted shader as a blend shader for a low detail cloud, small scales.

Seth

very good idea, nicely done.
good job !

Dune

I wipped a little test...

domdib

Very interesting Dune - nice to see how a minor suggestion can turn into some real TG2 creativity.

Naoo

Hi :)

I tried Dune's Version. It's easy and nice to do, but not smooth enough for big drops of water (see image). I will try it again.
So long I'm looking forward to njeneb idea...

ciao
Naoo

Dune

Well, then, perhaps a swarm of spheres, reflective of course, blended by a stretched fractal and sitting on the same transparant plane...

This kind of looks like shattered glass, but if you decrease the stone size and the amount, and stretch the blend fractal a bit, it would look better.

Good luck, and I too look forward to njeneb's solution.

---Dune

Phylloxera

Quote from: Naoo on August 22, 2009, 04:45:58 AM
Hi

Thanks! Yes, droplets are still missing, but the are the difficult part for me. I will try it Dune's way...

I think now the tail is to light (not black) and one Problem the horizont is hidden behind the waves. Therefore the hard end...

ciao
Naoo

Great work !