Sand Terrain with Functions

Started by groverwa, February 07, 2007, 09:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groverwa

Gday

My thanks to Dave Burnett who supplied us with the tgd of Edge of the World

I hope Dave does not mind me using the tgd to further my knowledge of Functions

Each time I open it - even though I have saved it under another name and changed parameters I still have to go to Base Colours > Feature Scale and just change the value to anything to get a preview - ideas please

His file has been a great help into trying to work out what some of the functions do  - contrary to the opinion of some our members who think we all can nut it out ourselves. I learn from my mistakes but it good to have a base to start from.

I am going to do a series of renders using varied function parameters to gain a better understanding of what I am doing

The attachments show the result of a bit of playing

Mike

disciplus59

David Burnett

Quote from: groverwa on February 07, 2007, 09:02:17 AM
I hope Dave does not mind me using the tgd to further my knowledge of Functions

I do not mind one little bit, as far as I'm concerned any tgd file I post here is available for anyone to use in anyway they want.

groverwa

Gday

Further modification of the tgd resulted in holes in the surface - see  Wee 3 files

The Lake district 1_lo sun_small wave render is from a camera reorientation until a good POV was found

The strata and outcrops shader adjustments seem to be the modifer for the holes while changing the constants vaies the structure inside the holes

Mike

old_blaggard

Those are some beautiful rays!  I can't wait to see this rendered at higher detail with textures.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.