DreamScene?

Started by BPauba, December 21, 2006, 08:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPauba

Alright, so I was wondering what kinda of scenes you guys really really want to create. Post some links or images of scenes that you want to portray in Terragen2. Maybe in a couple years you will look back and be able to actually make them! Now lets see some amazing landscapes!

1) http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37308808/?qo=14&q=by%3Abarns&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps
Any landscape that resides in New Zealand would be ideal for me ;)

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cole_Thomas_Expulsion_from_the_Garden_of_Eden_1828.jpg
Any landscape that was created by Thomas Cole would be amazing! Any hudson river painting actually!

bri

I don't have any images, because I'm lazy :P, but I would like to be able to create:

1)New Zealand scenery
2)Sweden scenery
3)LOTR scenery(haha, I'm serious; like the mattepaintings, but in Terragen)

Then, mainly just realistic renders. I'm not a fan of renders that have no sense of realism in them.  :)

Mark-S

Water like this: Linky.
And chaotic skies like this and something like this :D.

michigan_1112

I could not find an image, but maybe a few of you have seen this; the ending scene from "Harry Potter - The Goblet of Fire ". The lake scene is beautiful. If anyone can find the image, please let me know :-)

Tsukiyono

Been a fan of Albert Bierstadt for a little bit now... would love to create something similar, although I would like to mesh my own style with it as well :D

king_tiger_666

is that new zealand linky at the top a render or a real photo. and what part of New Zealand is that?

I've done several of new Zealand using DEM's... the Hauraki gulf is great because of the number of islands...
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

FrankThomas

Where's the best place to get DEM data for places other than the US ?  I've never managed to find any

king_tiger_666

Oshyan

If you have a DEM converting program that can output to .ter (such as Global Mapper or 3DEM) then the best source of US and worldwide DEM's is generally the USGS itself http://seamless.usgs.gov/ However if you need direct .ter export try http://www.mapmart.com/ Note that Mapmart allows only 10 tile downloads per "order" for free, so just go in batches of 10.

- Oshyan

FrankThomas

I use 3Dem to do the conversion and normally get my US DEM data from the GIS Data Depot.  I'll have a look at the other ones for some world wide ones. 

I normally use 10m DEMS so we'll see what I come up with :)

DeanoD

"Maybe in a couple years you will look back and be able to actually make them!"

I believe somthing like this

IS already quite possable to make with TG2.

Maybe its time we have a picture-re-creation contest?
' Dont Worry.. i crash better than anybody i know '

Mel Gibson
Air America
Anything, Anywhere, Anytime.

buchvecny

well i honestly think its STUPID to recreate images. It doesnt require anything but program knowledge. Problem of today CG industry is that there are too many craftsmans and only few artists. So i think its not good idea.

Mark-S

I wouldn't say stupid..
Honestly I think a contest like that would be just what we need.
People are just coming to terms with TG 2, we are starting to understand how the program works..
This contest would be a nice challenge for everyone to really try make something special.

It'd be a bit hard due to the limitations of the Tech Preview, however :D.

king_tiger_666

is it not everyones goal to create the most realistic landscape they can?..... in that case it would be great to try and achive a recreation of a photo scene.. just to show how realistic TG2 can reproduce....

though artistic rendering is still important...

also i have a 120mb dem of hawaii... need over a 1gb ram to open in 3dem but it should produce some amazing resolution... if i find the linky i will post it... sad my 1gb ram isn't enough to open it:(... its 10m resolution BTW

BPauba

Quote from: DeanoD on December 22, 2006, 10:25:48 PM
"Maybe in a couple years you will look back and be able to actually make them!"

I believe somthing like this

IS already quite possable to make with TG2.

Maybe its time we have a picture-re-creation contest?
I have always thought it would be an awesome idea to do such a thing. I believe it would be an amazing skill to have, so maybe sometime we can set this up. :). I am glad someone else thought of this idea as well, I always thought not many people would think highly of the idea.