No Question is Dumb

Started by rcallicotte, February 07, 2007, 06:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

I've seen a few posts where there is the gist that someone thinks that not knowing something sets them apart from everyone else. 

U-h-h-h, no.

Understanding is something cool we're all striving for, so ask away.  Sheesh.  If you don't know and have tried to figure it out on your own, I've found this community is very willing to assist.

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

firesuite

Quote from: calico on February 07, 2007, 06:58:09 PM
I've seen a few posts where there is the gist that someone thinks that not knowing something sets them apart from everyone else. 

U-h-h-h, no.

Understanding is something cool we're all striving for, so ask away.  Sheesh.  If you don't know and have tried to figure it out on your own, I've found this community is very willing to assist.

If youre refering to my recent post i merely thought that the question i was asking was common knowledge and i'd missed it somehow, i didnt mean it too literally

Will

I think he is making a more genral refrence to those asking questions. we are all new at this (well except the alpha guys) so it is to be expected that we have questions.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

That's what we all think (usually) - that whatever we don't know is common knowledge and it either is or isn't.  I say, "Who cares?"

I want to learn.  I've found an incredible base of helpful people here.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

king_tiger_666

if its common knowledge then you will most probably be given a linky to the relevant post/s

ask away. it might benefit others and give others ideas they have not thought of
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>