http://textures.boom.ru/texture/surface/other/black_buble.jpg

*thx for your viewings*

regards

myriac

Will

Nice, I love the camera postion.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

king_tiger_666

nice render... great use of a texture on the cliff
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

duff

Really like the grass on and inbetween the rocks. How did you get that? was it a population.
Also the rock formations are great.
(any chance of getting the tgd)

myriac

i did nothing for grass or any other objects in the scene. main surface itself consist of green surface layers.there is just one fake stone shader layer on the main surface.grass appeared among rocks spontaneously.actually i admire tg2 for both its complexity and simplicity all the time.

regards,

myriac

inkydigit

an excellent render....how many fake stone layers and what were the modifiers you used to get the cool shapes?

old_blaggard

Fantastic textures!  I honestly think that the best part of this image is the point of view.  You've gotten it just right.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

myriac

Quote from: inkydigit on February 08, 2007, 08:18:41 AM
an excellent render....how many fake stone layers and what were the modifiers you used to get the cool shapes?

i have replied it already. can you look at the message above yours ?

inkydigit

Quote from: myriac on February 08, 2007, 09:43:30 AM
Quote from: inkydigit on February 08, 2007, 08:18:41 AM

i have replied it already. can you look at the message above yours ?
:-[
so impresssed was I with your image, that I forgot to read the other posts!!
;)

Tangled-Universe

Wow, what an awesome image  ;D
See you had to limit some quality settings to get manageable rendertimes, isn't it? (how long did it take?)
I really like the lighting on the rocks and the textures worked out pretty well.

Maybe you could add a powerfractal shader on top of the fakestones shader part of the network, just to add some small scale displacement without applying colour.
(like scale about 0,02, lead in 0,2 and min. 0,002...displacement factor very low at 0,07 or something)
I think this could add some interesting extra texture and detail to your rocks, making it even more realistic :)
Just an enthusiastic philosophy  ;D

The pov is indeed very good, couldn't be better.
Great work!

Martin

myriac

thank you martin and all friends, i rendered it in two seperate windows with my dual core and took not too long.
i'd better to upload tgd file.texture is in the link of my first message.

regards

myriac

Tangled-Universe

Thanks a lot for sharing! I like your workflow, easy to follow and clarifying.
Interesting how you made the base structures using 2 seperate redirect shaders followed by a twist and shear (with lean factor 1, didn't expect that :))
It is "strange" that the grass-layers appear on the fake stones, since the fake stones shader is the last in the chain.
Seems that the fake stones shader is more a kind of displacement-feature rather than a surface layer which covers the layers downwards in the chain.
I hope you don't mind if I'm going to try to implement my suggestions and post the result in this topic. Otherwise, please say so :)

Keep up the good work, hope to see more soon!

Martin

crazymonkey

fantastic result there, love the camera position...really adds to the scale nicely.

thanks for sharing.

VorpalBlade

Sorry, had to dig this one out of history.

Very nice simulation of Basaltic rock. Looks like a pillow lava bed exposed from erosion.

rcallicotte

Wow.  I like the overall lighting and especially how the background is so distant looking while the foreground has some very good texturing and shaping.  The water is great, too.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?