George Carlin

Started by Seth, August 29, 2009, 06:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

Just discover this guy, he is unknown in France.
I am laughing my ass off watching some videos of the guy on youtube !  :D :D :D

Do you know this man ? is he famous ?

buzzzzz1

OMG!  He was popular here in the US.  He is hilarious, and once he walked out on stage, stood there for a long while not saying a word and the crowd started laughing their asses off. I guess in anticipation?  Yeah he was a funny dude for sure.  One of my all time favorites.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Henry Blewer

George has a long history of social commentary through comedy. One of my favorites by him is the 'hippy dippy weatherman'.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

CCC

I know of him but had never watched him but i am more of an old fashioned comedy person myself. Slapstick and screwball of the 1930s.

matrix2003

Awesome dude Seth.  A real radical in the true sense.  Openly spoke about social issues, legalizing pot, don't trust the government etc...  He made fun of religion relentlessly.  Did not buy one word of it.  Look for the clip about "the invisible man in the sky"  -hilarious!  - Bill.
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Seth

yeah ! I watched videos on Youtube during at least 4 hours yesterday !!!
i am hard to laugh in front of the screen (or in front of tv, movies and all...) but damn !!! he is so good !!!

tee

He was in Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure and it's sequel as Rufus. Never actually seen any of his stand up so I'll check him out. He passed away last year sadly.

ndeewolfwood

tu m'étonne qu'il soit pas connu en france...à croire que chez nous l'humour corrosif et politiquement subjectif à disparu avec la mort de Desproges et Coluche. (c pas de la nostalgie, j'étais encore en couche culotte à l'époque).
Merci pour le tuyaux, çà fait du bien ce genre d'humour carnivore.

Seth

on a bien Dieudonné mais il s'attaque à un humour tabou... donc on ne l'entends plus. Desproges disait bien pire que lui, mais était juif alors...

sorry for us speaking french guys ;)

ndeewolfwood

c pas faux...difficile de se faire un avis sur ce gars.....j'ai jamais rien vu de lui après la période EIie-Dieudonné.

Ma méfiance vient du fait qu"il semble confondre salle de spectacle et salle de meeting politique.
mais bon  çà fait longtemps que les politiques confondent meeting politique et salle de spectacle.

Seth

je suis un grand fan... et ses derapages hors show ne m'enpechent pas de rire en regardant ses spectacles...

ndeewolfwood

bon bah il me reste plus qu'à louer le dvd

Thelby

He was the epitome of 'Polically Incorrect Correctness'!
I first saw him on "Laugh In' and the "Flip Wilson Show" back in the late 60s.
Rest In Peace George!!!