Feature Request: Scale And Rotate Options For the Minipulator

Started by Cyber-Angel, February 08, 2007, 10:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Angel

I was thinking that it would be nice if the manipulator (When you click on some thing and it turns yellow with red, green and blue handles) had scale and rotation on the manipulator like other 3d packages allow, as we already have positioning all that is required now is scale and position it would also be nice if the option to select these where available via a right click menu.

This would aid in work flow so that you do not need to open a node to adjust scale and rotation.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

Will

I this this was already talkd about in anouther topic, but its nice having an dedicated feature request.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Tangled-Universe

I guess I've been missing that topic as well Will.
Nevertheless it's a nice request, I think too it would improve the workflow.

If it's going to be implemented it would also may be nice to choose which axis to manipulate? I still consider this painstaking at moments.

Martin

Cyber-Angel

I agree, been able to select the axis is pretty standard though there are a few applications that do not have this but I do not recall there names.

As to this been asked for in another thread I think I would recall having seen that and I have read many of the posts here but do not recall ever seeing it mentioned, I could be mistaken however but I don't think so (It was Master Leonardo da Vinci who said "It is the wise philosopher who can put up both hands and say, I do not know").

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel 

Will

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=602.0 it was somewhere in there. it is not has difined as your request though so you two are right.

Regards,

Will

Costaud

And what about a drop object to the ground this feature exist in Vue.

Will

well I have VUE and don't find that all that useful (could be me though) I would like to see object painting so I could find an excuse to use my new Wacom pad with Terragen.

Regards,

Will

MeltingIce

Quote from: Will on February 09, 2007, 04:13:40 PM
well I have VUE and don't find that all that useful (could be me though) I would like to see object painting so I could find an excuse to use my new Wacom pad with Terragen.

Regards,

Will
Haha that would be awesome.  I have a Wacom too but I only use it in Photoshop.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Oshyan

It's always good to ask for features that are desired, but it's safe to assume that basic things like object rotation handles will be added. Many things are in a fairly early state in the Technology Preview.

- Oshyan