Quick Render vs. Full Render?

Started by buzzzzz, February 09, 2007, 01:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzzzz

I Don't recall seeing anything in here about the difference between: Quick Render and Full Render other than the name on the Title Bar at the top. I don't see a difference myself.  Maybe someone can clear this up for me? Please!

Rich

there is none, they're just names for convenince, so while testing your picture you can switch between them......that's what i think anyway...

Volker Harun

Well, I use the quick render almost all the time.
For being lazy to change all the defaults I use the full render sometimes to make a cropped render of a specific part.
Thus having two presets.
Volker

MeltingIce

When you make a new scene, the Quick Render has much lower detail settings by default and will produce a much faster render.  If you raise these settings though, then it is no different from any other render node.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

stunnedmullet

I find having separate crop settings for each render type a bit annoying. I like to use the fast render to test little areas, but then I want to see what it looks like on full render. Every time I change the crop area for the quick render I have to remember to change it for the full render.
This is obviously a personal thing but I wonder if anyone else has the same opinion?

Oshyan

Some people have gotten the impression that Quick Render is different, perhaps even somehow more "stable" than Full Render. They are both basic Render Nodes, which you can create like any other node, so there is really no difference between them except for detail settings. Thus the Quick Render has lower detail and renders faster and the Full Render has higher quality, rendering slower. If either one seems to work better for you it's certainly just down to the settings used. Most of the difference comes down to the basic Detail slider, the Antialiasing, Global Illumination quality, and render resolution.

In general it's useful to be able to have multiple render nodes with different settings as it allows you to switch settings quite quickly and easily and do some cool, more complex things as well. I agree however that being able to sync some settings between nodes would be nice.

- Oshyan