Golden Forest now with Tutorial!

Started by RArcher, September 27, 2009, 12:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domdib

Thanks for sharing this in such a thorough step-by-step manner - it really helps to understand how such a scene is constructed.

Seth

Walli

Quotesurfacing for the ground was left in the capable hands of the default Base Colours node.

great one ;-)

Very nice making of!

pfrancke

Thank you Ryan.  I got (am getting) a lot out of it.  Using the cloud to get better lighting.  Getting the fog density fractal right.  Had to experiment to get to the cloud level at the right elevation.  Got good understanding of what near and far distance means.  It never worked right for me (in my mind), but now I know that before near = nothing, between near and far is something, and after far is everything.  (I always used to thing that it was just between near and far - and had nothing but trouble with it).  The Photoshop stuff was very useful also, I had no idea that the soft light could impact an image so much.  You have no idea how useful what you put together is for me!!!  Thanks again.

Piet

RArcher

Hi Piet,

I am very, very glad to hear that it was a useful tutorial for you!  Please let us all see what you come up with when it is finished too.

choronr

Ryan, I've just begun working with the tutorial; and, find so many useful procedures that I can use in other images. I've learned a lot from this lesson and am grateful you made it available to us. Hopefully, my next image will show the results.

Bob

reck

Thanks a lor for the tut RArcher, having all the screenshots and the detailed descriptions really helps with the understanding.

kaisersuzuki

Been away from the site for a long time.  That is an awesome image, and the best tut I have seen for terragen.  Thanks!

inkydigit

thanks Ryan...love the image and the tutorial is really helpful....cheers
Jason

rcallicotte

Thanks Ryan.  I can't wait to try this.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MacGyver

I think this could well be the most often used tutorial in quite some time... great! :)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine