Feature Request: Data Flow Direction Arrows on Noodles

Started by Cyber-Angel, September 19, 2009, 10:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Angel

At this time in TG2 there is no indication of which way data is flowing between nodes in the node graph, would it be possible to add arrow heads to the noodles (Lines that connect nodes are called noodles) to indicate the data flow direction; other node based systems most nobility Nuke have them but I have further requirements.

1. Arrow head should only appear in the direction of the data flow in the node graph so the artist may see which way data is going.

2. Arrow head should not appear on noodles on nodes that are not feeding the rest of the node graph and thus are not having an effect on the creation of the scene: this visual feedback system will let the artist know that what they are trying too do is not working.

The above system if implemented in some future release may take a lot of the guess work out of node configuration and save a bit of time and frustration.   ;D       

Regards to you

Cyber-Angel

Oshyan

Data always goes in the top of a node and out the bottom. It generally proceeds from the top of the graph to the bottom, unless you arrange your nodes in an odd order (but the lines will still be going in the top and out the bottom of nodes, which itself suggests the appropriate way to order the network).

- Oshyan

Henry Blewer

It helps if while you are creating the shaders/nodes you pull the inputs above the node you are modifying. It would be nice to have a snap to grid for this, but sometimes that limits where things can go. I try to make the node tree look neat, and sort of like a flow diagram.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Volker Harun

I might be misunderstanding something ... but my nodes and noodles have an arrow-shaped start and end.
And usually I delete groups of nodes that do not influence my scene.

??? Volker