Another way to Giza

Started by mogn, September 21, 2009, 10:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogn

dandelO created nine 'plane object's with displacements to create the nine Giza pyramids.
I have created another way: make 9 vectors representing the positions and radius of the pyramids.
Connect these nine vectors to a mapping macro, which returns the vector if the current point from
"Get position in geometry" is inside the radius, and a zero vecto if the point is outside.
Ups I forgot the Matt don't for semantical reason allow one node implements of macros. What to do?
I deliver the MapPoint 'macro' as two nodes: A dummy input node which take an input vector (the Position, Radius vector)
So connect you vector to the dummy input, and delete the dummy input.
The 9 MapPoint nodes are summe in a node vector, giving the output from the current point.
This you connect to your fake object input. That all.
Due to the limitations in the attached objects. This post only brings the final result.
More to follow.

mogn

So the total Giza network:

mogn

The MapPoint "macro" and possible the inside nodes:

dandelO

Your alignment seems a little off on the queen's pyramids, they should run parallel to the right-most face of Kafre and parallel to the lower-most face of Menkaure.

You can align these against the .ter file that I made, which is accurately mapped and scaled against true dimension Google Earth data. You can find the .ter of the Giza complex in my library thread here.

This is really cool, though. Well done, my function work is really lacking, I need to get a maths book!

Volker Harun

Cool idea!

Btw. keep calling it the dandelO-device ... even if I was the first to mention it in public, dandelO is the master of it ;)

mogn

This way of mapping (or masking) is remarkedly fast. Below is the default render, only 6 seconds faster.

littlecannon

Cool.... I'm well out of my league here. A little too mathematical for me.
Simon.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...