Still have problems with the stone shader and slope restriction

Started by pclavett, September 22, 2009, 08:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pclavett

Hi all ! I had posted way back a problem with the stone shader and slope restriction which seem to restrict the color distribution on the stone itself. Say we restrict max slope to 32 with fuzzy of 4 the color will distribute only to those parts of the stone that are below this limit. Therefore the vertical wall of the stone will not shade the chosen color. This happens whether we restrict the slope through a layer with the fake rock being a child or whether we plug in restriction in the blendshader option with a distribution shader. The colors of these part of the stone that are not shaded seem to be picked up from the underlying layers. This "bug" in the shader is getting the better of me or maybe I simply am not doing this the right way. I have included images to illustrate this with the first showing a blue rock rising with reddish dirt from the underlayers and a version where the underlyers are colored magenta. If someone has a way to deal with this I would appreciate it !

Thanks for the help !

Paul

Volker Harun

If your slope restrictions are 'final normal' the shading looks how the fake stones 'look alike' and shades them accordingly (in your case false).
If you set the slope restriction to 'terrain normal' the renderer looks at the slope underneath the fake stone (the slope the terrain had at the compute terrain node) and shades the stones (in your case right)

I hope that this was the point.

Volker

pclavett

Thanks Volker for the precision..... and I thought that I had tried this but obviously not since your tip has permitted me to resolve this issue !!!

See the enclosed fixed version with obviously exaggerated colors to make the point highly visible !

Thanks a lot for the help ! Much appreciated !!!

Paul