Epic Mountain - Big!

Started by Gannaingh, September 30, 2009, 06:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannaingh

TU I am sorry but I cannot bow to all of your wishes. I agree with you that the previous version is much better in all the areas that you mentioned, but I am not going back to the previous cloud setup because I believe that the setup I am testing now is far more interesting in apperance (it doesn't help that accidentally saved over the last version I posted :P ) which should make it a more complete image. Hopefully you will agree with my assessment, and if not I hope you keep you suggestions coming since the more input I get the better it will turn out IMO.

Tangled-Universe

Ghehe, no problem of course. If you say the new cloudsetup is even more interesting then I'm just curious :)

Seth

Quote from: darthvader1 on October 05, 2009, 05:35:25 PM
I am not going back to the previous cloud setup because I believe that the setup I am testing now is far more interesting in apperance (it doesn't help that accidentally saved over the last version I posted :P )

I wait for that impatiently :D

rcallicotte

Tremendous mountains - realistic.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Gannaingh

Here is a quick render of the clouds so far. The cloud layer with th redirect shader needs more samples to get rid of the grain (I am alsl going to tone down that layer to make it less crazy). Also I may move the sun around a bit to see what type of lighting I can get on the terrain.

[attachthumb=#]

mhall

WOW! ... That looks VERY NICE. I love the tattered look to the edges of the clouds and the different types. The sunlight angle and quality is just right.

Look forward to seeing it with the trees and water back in. :)

Cool stuff!

~Micheal

domdib

Looking pretty good, although I agree it could do with being a little less extreme.

Gannaingh

Here it is! It took longer than I thought it would (part of that was having to rerender because I forgot to reactivate all of the surface shaders) but it is finally here. I also forgot to up the density of the trees so they are more sparse than I want.

[attachthumb=#]

Henry Blewer

Very good render. I would like to build a cabin there.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

ra

Looks very cinematic! Well done!  :o
Mouthwash? We don't need no stinking mouthwash!! [MI2]
See what I see: www.earthlings.com
http://dinjai.deviantart.com

Gannaingh

domdib

I think it's a fantastic mountain pic. My only suggestion would be to crop out some or all of the dark cloud at the upper right corner, as it draws the eye too much. Otherwise, great job!

Mandrake

Awesome render, intense clouds. :)

Gannaingh

Thanks! The next one is from much closer to the ground so there are a bunch of trees in the foreground with the mountain poking up in the distance. It hopefully will turn out nice.

Gannaingh

Next one!

[attachthumb=#]