Free grass!

Started by Costaud, February 11, 2007, 11:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingIce

Quote from: Mohawk20 on February 12, 2007, 06:31:02 AM
Blender is not needed...

Open the obj in Terragen. Rightclick the node and select 'save object file', save it (as tgo), delete node, load the tgo object and render away!
Actually, I can't even get that far.  TG2 crashes for me while its adding the object.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

king_tiger_666

are you clicking yes or no when prompted if the object is compatible with xfrogs?... should click no

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

buzzzzz

@ Costaud, that grass you rendered looks very real to me. Great fine and thanks for telling us!  ;D

Costaud

Quote from: Mohawk20 on February 12, 2007, 06:31:02 AM
Blender is not needed...

Open the obj in Terragen. Rightclick the node and select 'save object file', save it (as tgo), delete node, load the tgo object and render away!

Yes that may work with ordinary obj file but Terragen crashed if you attempt to open grass saved as a obj file with Bantam, Blender is not really an easy program but Wings 3D yes, just open the grass made with Bantam in Wings 3D and resave it again as a obj file it's easy. But you may have to tweak the surfaces a little.

stevehmeyer

Has anyone heard of PlantStudio?

I have used it for a few projects.

It is free, it has a small library of plants which you can edit or use a randomizer to change. You can make your own from scratch, it is easy to use and has built in tutorials.

I also use XFrog and this is no Xfrog but sometimes the simple tool is the best tool.

You can export 3ds, lwo, obj, dxf, pov inc and vrml.

I have only used the lwo export option, it worked well.

PC only. Try it you will probably like it.

Download it here http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com/

-Steve Horstmeyer

old_blaggard

Too bad it's PC only... otherwise I think I would love it.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Costaud

Yes Pant studio is very cool and very easy to use too, here is another little free program I just found but I don't try it yet. http://members.chello.nl/~l.vandenheuvel2/TReal/#programdesc

Costaud

Forget about the above program TReal because is only export POV files at the moment but concerning Plant Studio here an image with a plant from it. For the bark I've used a rock texture image map.

Dark Fire

That's a wierd plant...

VermilionMartyr

It may be the vodka or it may be me, but I only have one file in my ...\Bantam3D\Grass directory: "ST6UNST.LOG"

Where is this README file of mystery?

Costaud

It's not the vodka, all the other files are with the installer (the place where you have unzipped the program) including the Readme and the very important Serial number file.

VermilionMartyr

Alright, I'm sober now and I'm getting the same problem MeltingIce was getting... the thing gives me about fifty sequential error messages and then, when it tries to add the object, Terragen goes kaput.

I'll have a drink tomorrow and see if that does anything.

VermilionMartyr

...so... bumpity for help...

Costaud

Post your tgd file so we could check it.

The Geostation

Yep, wierd plant.   The cool thing is that the branches look telescopic  :o

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation