Rendering crashes

Started by PatGoltz, December 21, 2006, 06:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

I presume this is the same problem you reported in another thread. There are some problems we're aware of with rendering of water and other reflective surfaces that can cause crashes. This is definitely high on our priority list and we'll issue an updated version as soon as we're able to resolve this and a few other major issues.

- Oshyan

Bluefinger

Quote from: JavaJones on January 10, 2007, 09:01:09 PM
I presume this is the same problem you reported in another thread. There are some problems we're aware of with rendering of water and other reflective surfaces that can cause crashes. This is definitely high on our priority list and we'll issue an updated version as soon as we're able to resolve this and a few other major issues.

- Oshyan

Yeah, it is, though after reading this thread, I figured the problem lay more here than with GI. I posted my tgd scene in my last post so you can analyze, but its good to hear that you are working to get a fix for this specific problem. I'll have another shot at doing the same scene with more changes, but if the crashes continue, I guess I'll have to wait for the fix to get this scene rendered.

bvcastilho

For me occurs a 100% times crash when I try to apply
the function Cast shadows in the Water.

No matter the rest of the parameters. Simple or complicated.
If cast shadows on the Lake is on it crashes when the render
approach the horizon.

Some one els verified this?

Cheers.

Oshyan

This is not a crash 100% of the time but it does seem to be related to many of the water crashes. Cast Shadows seems to only allow casting of shadows from the Lake object onto the terrain so there should be little harm in leaving it off.

- Oshyan

bvcastilho

Yeah.
Agree thats little harm at all, I aways leave Lake cast shadows blank.
Just testing the limits....   (for me crashes every time i tried...)

But should be nice a translucent water close to the shore making some shadows
on the terrain.....

(by the way - currently there are any way to make translucent water????,
maybe this was explained in other tread...)

Cheers,
Bruno.

Oshyan

There is no proper water transparency function yet. This will be available in the future and of course the shadow crash bug will be fixed before that.

- Oshyan