Theoretical Node Limit

Started by Cyber-Angel, February 11, 2007, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Angel

I was working with TG2TP today and some thing came up while I was working with it, is there a  upper limit to the number of nodes that you can use in the network, is it theoretically infinite and the only limit is one of available system resources?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel 

old_blaggard

I'm guessing it's theoretically infinite.  Even if it isn't, though, TG2 can probably support enough nodes for any scene that I will ever cook up.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Oshyan

Theoretically infinite. I've actually run into some situations where the node network view slows down when working with it - this was when I had a whole lot of nodes of course. But in general I would say you are likely to create a scene that takes forever to render before you really run into nodes-per-project limitations.

- Oshyan

BPauba

I hope someday I can crash Terragen2 with the shear amount of nodes in the node network. That would be one  proud moment.

;)

Will

I once tryied to import a clip file containing 100000 craters and it crashed.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

king_tiger_666

it does slow down for me after awhile.... if only i had another 1gb ram i think i'd be sweet as though..

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

old_blaggard

Quote from: Will on February 12, 2007, 04:29:02 AM
I once tryied to import a clip file containing 100000 craters and it crashed.

Regards,

Will

Well, that might be the whole "system resources" roadblock :P.  100000 craters, though... wow :o!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will

I made it using 3Dguy's script and it took about 45 minutes for the entire thing to finish being made by the code.

Regards,

Will

3DGuy

:o You kept my server busy for 45 minutes? wow.

edit: hmm I just tested it and it only took a few seconds, or did you mean TG2 took 45 minutes?

Will

server took 45 minutes (sorry about the bandwith) at least I think it was 100000.........it could have been 1000000 hmmmm I'll check

regards,

Will

king_tiger_666

lol at 45mins.. more like 45mins in tg2:P

Dark Fire

You can't have kept a server busy for 45 minutes. Perhaps 3DGuy accidentally temporarily broke the script and you got stuck in a redirect loop or something...

Or perhaps you just leaned on the '0' key. ;D

Will

I know it sounds crazy but scouts honor it took 45 minutes. Ill go try it again and report back though.

regards,

Will

king_tiger_666

i just tried 1000000 craters and it took about 3 seconds for the script to pop up.. maybe his server was hit with a load of traffic slowing it down?.. or your interweb was just being really really slow:P

Will

yea I tryed again it it worked, weird. Oh well Sorry for the thread hijack.

regards,

Will