A Get Started Terragen 2 Tutorial for the Terrified

Started by schmeerlap, October 09, 2009, 08:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

Bobby's link is your key to scaling, grab the stickman or the grid. These put everything into perspective
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Stranded

Okay, here is my first full render based on the tutorial, which was absolutely perfect, by the way (the tutorial, NOT the render.. :) ). I still don't know squat yet but this tut gave me something that I can read and re-read to understand why I did each step in the process.

Stone color is somewhat different but that's cool. I can always work on color selection another time. This is just about the process.

The only way this could have been better is if there were a path or a trail in the tutorial. For the life of me I can't figure out how to make those.

Anyway, here it is...

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Stranded

Quote from: archonforest on June 26, 2015, 05:24:29 AM
Welcome!
Nice start :)

Thanks archonforest. It's a jumping off point that's for sure.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Stranded on June 26, 2015, 04:40:52 AM
The only way this could have been better is if there were a path or a trail in the tutorial. For the life of me I can't figure out how to make those.

Anyway, here it is...

It's quite easy to paint a simple path with a Paint shader which can be used as a reverse mask to exclude terrain colours, and a positive mask for texturing the path.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Stranded

Quote from: bobbystahr on June 26, 2015, 08:37:15 PM
Quote from: Stranded on June 26, 2015, 04:40:52 AM

Anyway, here it is...

It's quite easy to paint a simple path with a Paint shader which can be used as a reverse mask to exclude terrain colours, and a positive mask for texturing the path.

I thought I responded to this but didn't see anything posted..hmmmm.. Anyway, I am learning my way through that. Somehow I missed several great tutorials on that during my searches of the forums and internet. Oshyan pointed me in the right direction.

Appreciate the feedback.