Terragen and Maya

Started by Aagam, October 11, 2009, 02:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aagam

Hey guys. I started using Maya a few weeks ago thanks to a course I'm taking. I'm going to be making an animation of a city scene. The buildings and other models will obviously be made in Maya. My questions is this: is there a way to create a skybox like object in Terragen and import it into Maya so I can do the modeling and animation there? I know people have used Terragen for skyboxes before so I assume there must be a way?

I'm sorry if this has already been answered. I did a really quick search and couldn't come up with anything. Many thanks in advance for any advice!

Just to note I'm using Maya 10 and the latest release of Terragen 2.

Oshyan

A search of the forums for "skybox" turned up a link to this simple tutorial in the first page of results: http://www.outpt.co.uk/how-to-create-a-terragen-2-skybox/
Note that it is recommended in that tutorial to disable GI (setting GI detail and sample quality to 0), and this is due to there being differences in lighting at the edge of adjacent renderings when using GI. Generally speaking not using GI is advisable when creating skyboxes for this reason.

- Oshyan

Aagam

Awesome thanks Oshyan! I skimmed the results briefly earlier... very busy :(