Better late than never

Started by fREeCYCLE, February 12, 2007, 12:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fREeCYCLE

Having spent a mere few hours perusing your posts here, I thought I might say hello.    My name's Stephen and I've just begun wrapping my head around the node structure of TG2.   

Man, some of you started tinkering with TG2 a Long Time ago!

All the material, suggestions and tutorials you've all provided have been most helpful in familiarizing myself with the whole scheme of things.    Much appreciated.

I say better late than never, but it's actually about right.    My focus will be strictly animation, integration and farm rendering.    So long as I can get the gist of things before that's a reality, I'll be a happy (and productive) camper.

Looking forward to shedding some noobiness in the coming weeks!  ;)

Dark Fire

You'll have a bit of trouble with the farm rendering because the command line is currently broken in T2TP...

Rich

hi and welcome. many of us are still wrapping our heads around it, it's ok that you start now, at least you've got more information to start with.

-Rich

old_blaggard

In the meantime before the command line is fixed, I hope you can find all the help you need here!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will

Welcome, Please check out MeltingIces .tgd repository and gallery to see some of the work that people here have done.

Regards,
Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

buzzzzz

Welcome Aboard the Starship Planetside!

Will

I'm the resident post maniac by the way ;)

oh a Buzzzzzz great work on the images on MeltingIces gallery.

Regards,

Will

bigben

If you're focussing on animation, TG2 is going to make your head spin. With an xml-style file format providing access to just about every variable the animation possibilities are endless.

Dark Fire

Quote from: bigben on February 12, 2007, 06:13:38 PM
If you're focussing on animation, TG2 is going to make your head spin. With an xml-style file format providing access to just about every variable the animation possibilities are endless.
Indeed. Dividing up single frames for rendering on separate computers is now a possibility, increasing the efficiency of a render farm...

MeltingIce

Quote from: Will on February 12, 2007, 05:58:02 PM
I'm the resident post maniac by the way ;)

oh a Buzzzzzz great work on the images on MeltingIces gallery.

Regards,

Will
What he said  :P

Also, welcome to the forums.  Hope we can be of help to you ;D

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Will

Also check out the PATHS link in his sig, some great tutorials.

regards,

Will

Dark Fire

His website doesn't just have great tutorials - it has great everything! If Will is the post maniac (which he is), MeltingIce is the resource king...

king_tiger_666

Quote from: Dark Fire on February 12, 2007, 06:50:24 PM
His website doesn't just have great tutorials - it has great everything! If Will is the post maniac (which he is), MeltingIce is the resource king...

so true!!...

Will have you got sore fingers yet? or are you planning on having atleast 1 post on every thread:P:P:P....

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Will

well at one time my post took up 20% of the total posts.

But more on topic is that apart from MeltingIce's site there are sevral usermade tutorials in the Doclumation section.

regards,

Will

old_blaggard

And, of course, there is always great discussions at forums like this, as well as at Ashundar and Terranuts.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.