Better late than never

Started by fREeCYCLE, February 12, 2007, 12:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

^ yes^

oh and I can also be consitered a substitute for the search funtion  :D

oh and to update my percentage of posts it is as of this posting is 7.86% of total posts.

regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

§ardine

can't help but wonder if he got scared off...  :D

Quote from: Dark Fire on February 12, 2007, 06:50:24 PM
His website doesn't just have great tutorials - it has great everything! If Will is the post maniac (which he is), MeltingIce is the resource king...
lol, that's great! -we all love you Will!

Oh, and welcome Stephen!

Will

Well it it valentines day on Weds  :D

as for scaring him of I think he is only in a light coma over the huge welcome we have given him.

Regards,

Will

Dark Fire

Quote from: Will on February 13, 2007, 05:26:20 AM
as for scaring him of I think he is only in a light coma over the huge welcome we have given him.

Hehe. We are far too friendly to new people - we keep on scaring them off as a consequence. Perhaps we should just prepare a welcome package...

old_blaggard

Will, you can be our welcoming committee :P!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

fREeCYCLE

Quote from: bigben on February 12, 2007, 06:13:38 PM
If you're focussing on animation, TG2 is going to make your head spin. With an xml-style file format providing access to just about every variable the animation possibilities are endless.

Wow, where to start?    Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I'm very excited about the xml style data path, having come from an Electric Image background, which functions along the same lines of 'open data channels'.   I've never understood why more 3d apps don't allow raw data mapping to any channel you desire. 

Quote from: Dark Fire on February 12, 2007, 06:34:15 PM
Indeed. Dividing up single frames for rendering on separate computers is now a possibility, increasing the efficiency of a render farm...

Yes, my comment about this being decent timing was relating to the command line fix coming in the next release.    :-)

Quote from: Will on February 12, 2007, 06:41:29 PM
Also check out the PATHS link in his sig, some great tutorials.

Already been.   I've not had time to digest much of it, but look forward to doing so this weekend at the latest.   Nice images and really helpful tuts written in non-mystical way.    Gratsi

Quote from: §ardine on February 12, 2007, 11:23:00 PM
can't help but wonder if he got scared off...  :D

Not at all!   in fact, couldn't be more encouraged. Sorry to be silent a few days, but I had lynchpin issues which tied me up on a literal 38hr work shift, followed by a day of comatose recuperation.     I'm an ancient tech who is reaching the point where grappling many new systems per year, is causing some ... shall we say... mental resistance .....when it comes to absorbing yet another monolithic methodology.    It's getting crowded in here and I can't figure out what to retain and what to forget.    Call me a digital packrat.

At any rate, all the tremendous headway you folks have already made gave me a little lift in the notion that I don't have to trudge uphill the entire way.    A relief I can't even express adequately.

Thank you again for the monstrosity of a welcome!  (It'd make a man think you were all Folders!)

§ardine

Hey, glad to your still around! ;D

Quote from: fREeCYCLE on February 13, 2007, 11:03:32 AM
I'm an ancient tech who is reaching the point where grappling many new systems per year, is causing some ... shall we say... mental resistance .....when it comes to absorbing yet another monolithic methodology.    It's getting crowded in here and I can't figure out what to retain and what to forget.    Call me a digital packrat.

Although I don't consider myself ancient yet :P I hear what your saying... it seems that exponential curve in technology is getting a bit much for me, ...begin to feel that resistance setting in.

Quote from: Will on February 13, 2007, 05:26:20 AM
Well it it valentines day on Weds  :D

sorry Will no valenties from me...
...but don't forget dhavalmistry's idea for your girl. Just add a model airplane coming out of the render and you're guaranteed ...well, ok maybe no guarantees, but it is a cool idea  :D

Will

I have no girl (a post rate of 15.4 a day has a certain effect of sociablity) so thats not a problum.

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one
It's the loneliest number since the number one

No is the saddest experience you'll ever know
Yes, it's the saddest experience you'll ever know

'Cause one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
One is the loneliest number, whoa-oh, worse than two

It's just no good anymore since you went away
Now I spend my time just making rhymes of yesterday

One is the loneliest number
One is the loneliest number
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

........ ( cut the rest out)
Regards,

Will

§ardine

I don't feel so good any more  :'(
Think I'll take a couple Lexapro and go to bed.
...on second thought maybe I'll go down to Starbucks and get a triple grande latte', there's some cute chicks working down there  ;D

Will

Alright I can see this is going to spriral down like the entire pizza node thing on the mars animation thread I'm ending this here.

-------------------------------------------The End--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Fire

--------------------------------Start of DVD extras--------------------------------
Quote from: Will on February 13, 2007, 07:22:02 PM
Alright I can see this is going to spriral down like the entire pizza node thing on the mars animation thread I'm ending this here.
Sorry, but I do have a habit of sending threads off on random topics - I was the one who started the whole pizza thing, and now labelling Will as the post maniac has condemned this topic. I would write a long apology, but at the moment Arsenal are beating Bolton ( ;D) (OMG! Gilberto just messed up a penalty), so you'll just have to accept this apology: sorry.

--------------------------------Heat death/Big freeze/Big rip/Big crunch of universe--------------------------------

Will

Not its mostly me, i'm the instigator. you are just a pawn in my evil plan moohahahah. NO NO must stop must regain topic focus!

regards,

Will

PS howed he mess up that shot?

Dark Fire

Quote from: Will on February 14, 2007, 04:53:31 PM
Not its mostly me, i'm the instigator. you are just a pawn in my evil plan moohahahah. NO NO must stop must regain topic focus!

regards,

Will

PS howed he mess up that shot?
We must be speaking from beyond the universe here. Anyway, I have no idea how he messed up that shot. Baptista did the same thing later - I've never seen a match with so many 'certain' goals wasted. But it doesn't matter now - Arsenal are through... ;D

As for the pawn thing, are there only two major pieces in your game? Last time I checked, I was the next poster behind you.

I think we have killed this topic - it has no focus any more because we have welcomed fREeCYCLE. It's dead. Finished. If I was a moderator I would officially close the topic, but I'm not.

Will

I'm 10 posts behind Oshyan so I think I have "field moderation" its kinda like feild experence, just digital.

regards,

Will