Can Terragen 2 export camera, light, nulls in to After Effects?

Started by taelin, October 21, 2009, 05:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taelin

Hi all....

I've been using Terragen Classic since last years and it works great. It can export Terrain, Cam, Light nulls in to C4D and from C4D to After Effects. Since Terragen2 does not have plugins for C4D (too bad), Is there anyways to EXPORT cam path, lights, Nulls into After Effect

I know there are plugins for Maya, Studio Max. I'm looking for a direct way instead. Thanks all and thanks million times for this amaz  software.

rcallicotte

Seems like someone figured out how to do this in Max and SoftImage, but I'm not sure technically how it was done.  Have you searched for just the export of camera path?  Maybe that could give you some ideas, if you found these other explanations?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Actually, the C4D support was a plugin for C4D itself, not for Terragen. Unfortunately nobody in the C4D community has done the same for TG2 yet.

TG2 does not use separate "script" (TGS) files like Terragen Classic did. Since the new Terragen "world file" format is human-readable XML, and almost every parameter can be animated, it made sense just to embed animation data in the TGD files. So all the information is there to be read, and in fact someone with some scripting knowledge in their application of choice ought to be able to convert and import that data. As has been mentioned, people in the 3DS Max and, apparently, Maya communities have done this. Perhaps you or someone you know has C4D scripting abilities they could apply to the problem?

TG2 does import CHAN (Nuke format) data, so if you have existing animation data to import and can get it into that format, you can sync TG2 up pretty easily.

More import/export functions will be added in the future.

- Oshyan

Henry Blewer

I have been looking at the files generated by T2. If I knew more Python Programming Language, it could be very simple to right scripts that modify the tgd files. This has lots of possibilities.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T