Some Strong Fricking Sunlight!

Started by buzzzzz, February 13, 2007, 12:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzzzz

I have a render going on 9 hours now and there's no way I'm stopping it. However, I wanted to let Support know that the Sunlight is coming through a vertical face of the Grand Canyon.  You my already know of this bug but I thought I'd better mention it. I hope this is covered in the next update along with "I Can't Render Water" and you know how much I like rendering water. :o) I'll post the Image with the flaw after it finishes.

Here's the little bugger:

vissroid

yeah this is a bug that has been found. its on the list to be fixed. :D

old_blaggard

Nice cliff wall, by the way.  I can't wait to see the final version of this image.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Oshyan

Hi Buzzzz, this is a known issue. The current workaround is to turn on Ray-traced shadows in the Quality tab of the atmosphere. Unfortunately this increases render time quite a bit.

- Oshyan

buzzzzz

Thanks Oshyan! That's great there's a work around and it worked. I'm rendering now and it looks much better. Even with Ray Traced Shadows enabled this is smokin at 2000x1500. Of course I already rendered the sky at roughly 15 hours.

Oshyan

I forgot to mention that you could also just do a crop render of that part of the image and then paste it over that part of the old image. Save a lot of rendering time since the workaround is only necessary for that little section.

- Oshyan

buzzzzz

Quote from: Oshyan on February 14, 2007, 12:42:23 AM
I forgot to mention that you could also just do a crop render of that part of the image and then paste it over that part of the old image. Save a lot of rendering time since the workaround is only necessary for that little section.

- Oshyan

Yeah, I started to do that and kept seeing things I wanted to change, hell I reworked the whole scene. Just finishing up spot checking fallen rocks before I put it in the oven.

Thanks Again Oshyan!