Deleting Parts Shader

Started by gregsandor, October 30, 2009, 08:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregsandor

The question has only to do with Terragen2.

bobbystahr

Quote from: gregsandor on November 01, 2009, 12:17:45 AM
I asked how to delete the parts shader nodes quickly, without having to go through a lot of separate operations to get rid of them in order to set up my scenes for rendering.  I don't want to have to go into each of 70 models and connect the same Brick shader over and over again.  I want to create my shader set, delete the default shaders, and tell every model to use Architecture_Shader_Set.  

I know the origin and the raison-d'etre of the parts shader.  I understand how to build, UV map and assign materials for my models.  I don't need Blender or Pose Ray; though I appreciate the suggestions they have nothing to do with my question.

I find if you have properly named textures, objects and their directories...I use no spaces or underscores, I seperate with Caps...PoseRay converted models come in very well textured. I also keep the textures in the same dir as the .obj and subsequently the .tgo as I always convert and save them. It seems to help.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

gregsandor

If you have a solution for simple deletion of Parts Shader Nodes please PM me.

Matt

I hope you don't mind me unlocking the topic, Greg.

You should still be able to use the Multi Shader, and just leave the Parts Shader disconnected. Does it cause problem to leave the unsused Parts Shader around?

It may also be possible to delete the parts nodes by manually editing the .tgd file, but I am not sure that they won't be recreated automatically the next time you load it in TG.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

To go public with my way of doing this[Greg and I did PMs on this], what I did was click into Network Mode and in the explorer tree window to the left scroll down to your object. Expand it by clicking the + sign. This should reveal the Parts shader, highlight this and click Delete. Tickety boo and  you are all done. I have no idea whether or not this will hold thru a save and reload but it works in the current, .tgd.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist