Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Quote from: Denis on November 03, 2009, 06:42:32 PM
ok this ist 25m

http://denisfreihals.de/Bilder/Terragen2/25m.png

The surface looks more "sharp"
It means i have to make 150m high trees ? :P

But what is wrong with my stones ??

Why not instead of going higher , make the texture smaller in TG2 ? . Then you have not to worry about the tree setup.

Kadri.

littlecannon

Getting back to the stones... have you tried deleting the present ones and adding some new ones? Have you got them plugged into a merge shader at all? Could you upload the tgd to have a look at. Maybe someone can do something with it if they have the problem to physically look at.
Cheers,
Simon.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

Denis

Quote from: littlecannon on November 04, 2009, 12:19:15 PM
Getting back to the stones... have you tried deleting the present ones and adding some new ones? Have you got them plugged into a merge shader at all? Could you upload the tgd to have a look at. Maybe someone can do something with it if they have the problem to physically look at.
Cheers,
Simon.

sure here is it. But i think i "restart" the scene complete. To mutch things gone wrong :)

rcallicotte

Pretty nice glimpse of what looks like could be a real place.  Thanks.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

littlecannon

Hi Denis,

I have altered your file... the stones still need work, but they are better than they were. I have made a new Surface and added the stones to that instead of the layer you had them in (Weg). I added a couple of Power Fractals to them ( they will need playing with more as there are still some flat stones around). I'm no stone expert, so they are nothing special, but they have some rounded shape to them now.

I would also add a PF to the stones (or the parent Surface Shader) as a blending shader to make more believable clumping, just don't tick "blend as stone density" as this will leave exploded stones around the place. (I haven't done this, I'll leave it to you.)

Files attached.
Cheers,
Simon.

Denis

Ah cool thanks :)

I will work on it when my render ist finish.....45hours and still rendering :D

Denis

here is some update...but there is al "little" mistake on the ground......grml.  ???
http://denisfreihals.de/Bilder/Terragen2/Silentplace2.png

dandelO

You appear to have the fake stones shader set as a displacement function of another shader, probably a default or surface layer.
Fake stones shaders should line up in the network and act as their own displacement. It seems that the boundaries of each stone is displacing directly outwards from the surface, at a constant rate. I used this idea to create a kind of city-scape a couple of weeks ago... http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=7897.0

Just have your fake stones lined up between the shaders you wish them to appear at on their own, not set as the displacement function to another shader.

If I'm wrong, I don't know what the problem is, sorry. :)

littlecannon

Good idea dandelO, then use the Surface shader or distribution shader as a blending shader rather than plugging the stones into them. I didn't think about that whilst I was tinkering, I guess the more you look at something the less you see. ::)

dandelO

I'd put(judging from your node-shot, LC) the 'fake stones shader 01' after the 'berg' shader, not set as a child to a surface layer, then use the blend shader 'fractal breakup 02' as its blend shader(if that's what it's meant to do, being in the fractal breakup port of the surface layer, I imagine it is).

I'd also lose the 'surface layer 03' shader, the second fractal will still appear over the first without needing to be set as a child, as long as the second one has only one colour checked(high or low) you'll still see the previous fractal's colouring beneath it. I'm not so sure of this last part, though, it seems that these fractals are set as the displacement function of the surface layer(which has no colour function that I can see). I'd use the colour and displacement from stacked fractals and simply plug that into the fake stones surface shader.

Denis

Hey,

Thanks dandelO i will try this ;)
Here is another update:
http://denisfreihals.de/Bilder/Terragen2/Silentplace3.png

I have change the Pov and the lightning. Now i work on the Groundsurface. :)

domdib

This is looking better and better - very nice POV.

littlecannon

Nice.... Agreed with dandelO's last post. There is still something going on with the stones though. Did you implement dandelO's suggestions in this version?
Cheers,
Simon.

Denis

No i dont have. Im working on it. :) But now is Bluray time (Transformers2)  ;D