Billions...

Started by dandelO, September 06, 2010, 08:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Normally, I rip right into my friends and relatives for wasting their lives playing silly little Facebook applications; Farmville, Yoville, Mafiawars, Treasure Island... Give me a bloody break!

Imagine my surprise then, at finding myself sitting for ages tonight playing this new one, named Billions(Facebook applications Billions homepage).

I spotted this in the CGSociety newsletter and couldn't help checking it out. Here's the CGS page on the creation of Billions.

QuoteIn creating the latest Facebook smash hit casual game, 3DVIA wanted to make something that was "just beautiful to have in front of you." David Laubner, the VP of Online Marketing at 3DVIA, says loudly and with conviction, "It's all about the artwork!"

It is just a pure joy to look at and to play. You will be prompted to install the 3DVIA plugin before playing. You can also download the game engine yourself. I imagine this will give me a headache for a day or two but, oh well, I've bit the dust now!

Oh, my Christ! What am I DOING? :-[ ::) :D

dandelO

Some actual game-play screenshots;

Not your typical, cutesy, isometric 3D(2D) social network game. These are fully 3D environments, that you actually dictate the layout of whilst playing. Pretty cool. :D

inkydigit

sucked in bigtime!!!!
(gonna check this now!)looks sweeet!
:D

sjefen

I'll give this one a try when I get home from work ;)

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB