Blocky Clouds?

Started by viche12345, February 13, 2007, 06:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tiger_666

i don't think you need anywhere near 1200 samples for that render by the looks of what you posted...

BTW there seem to be a few threads which lose the plot and take a tangent.. this is nearing the pizza world :o ;) ;)
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

dhavalmistry

ok here is an example of what king_tiger_666 said....

the clouds are low density (0.06) rendered with 250 samples
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

viche12345

Disabling acceleration cache leads to gigantic white blobs. How can I produce realistic-looking clouds?

king_tiger_666

actually disabling acceleration cache should produce better looking clouds...

if you don't mind , post your tgd file/ screen shot of white blobs and we might be able to see whats happening/ going wrong for you

also i find using multiple layers for my clouds seems to work well. 

viche12345

The area circled in red is the area of concern.

The render is still running so I'll post more later.

king_tiger_666

I've had blocky clouds caused by accleration cache being turned on see this thread
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=105.0  the very last image on the thread..

viche12345

I'm trying to recreate this image:
http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~rawjdmbj/gallery/terragen2/big/tg2_011.jpg

Attached is what I have so far

I have also attached my tgd file.

king_tiger_666

you can download my file from my site for that cloud render its done with 4 layers of clouds.

i like the higher clouds in your render good job... also that render of mine took way too long 75hrs... i don't think you want to run anywhere near that..

viche12345

THAT'S YOUR FILE?!!!!!

Heh, never knew that. How did you get the clouds right in front of the camera so sharp?

EDIT: I found your file and will look into it soon. Thanks!

king_tiger_666

yip thats mine  ;D... very slow camera movement and also moving the camera to the cloud altitude first, I usually turn most of the clouds off during preview/ camera movement so the preview window is quicker..

also if you open the file you will want to turn cloud samples down or the preview window willn't show anything!!... preview with clouds at 20 samples each should do nicely..

hope you enjoy the file

viche12345

Ah, so maybe my camera is too close to the clouds and I should be more careful adjusting camera positioning next time. Si?