Mountains

Started by 3DGuy, February 13, 2007, 08:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3DGuy

Yes I know, not an imaginative title :P

Anyhow, I was playing with extremely large features and some interesting details became visible. So I decided to build on that. Now the horizontal lines you see isn't done with the strata node, but just a simple powerfractal which is stretched by 0.1 in the Y direction and contained to the steeper slopes. Added 2 fake rock shaders and some trees. For some reason I had to set the haze density to 0.1. This might be due to the fact the features are fairly large :P (the water is at like -20K meter).

Hmm seems I can't upload (something about the upload folder being full) I'll link the image from my website:

Will

neat, -20km wow must really be big features. if you keep looking into this keep us posted look like there are some intresting possiblitys with the little olde planet shader.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

Nice job!  I like your fake strata - that seems like a good workaround for the fact that we can't color the "real" ones yet.  Your clouds look nice too.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

20 KM!!!  :o

how come your atmosphere is not all blue at this height.....everytime I make something this big....my atmosphere becomes all blue although haze is "0" and when I try to increase bluesky densighty height...it turns all red n orengish.....

and ya...nicce job....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Tangled-Universe

Hey 3D Flushinger ;)

Nice thinking about the strata. Love the depth and cloud formations. Color scheme is not my favorite, but it works nice in this image :)
Guess you also had to crank up the scale of the trees, isn't it?
Hope to see more of your work being posted here, since you have good understanding of many of the functions.

Martin

3DGuy

Quote from: dhavalmistry on February 13, 2007, 08:36:13 PM
20 KM!!!  :o

how come your atmosphere is not all blue at this height.....everytime I make something this big....my atmosphere becomes all blue although haze is "0" and when I try to increase bluesky densighty height...it turns all red n orengish.....

and ya...nicce job....

Lake is at -20KM, not +20KM ;) So I'm not rising above the atmosphere. I did play with the values though. It's higher and deeper.

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on February 14, 2007, 08:17:34 AM
Hey 3D Flushinger ;)

Nice thinking about the strata. Love the depth and cloud formations. Color scheme is not my favorite, but it works nice in this image :)
Guess you also had to crank up the scale of the trees, isn't it?
Hope to see more of your work being posted here, since you have good understanding of many of the functions.

Treescale is min 6 and max 10. Clouds are actually just a default cirrus layer which turned out nice without much tweaking. I'll post some more when I've got some decent images...

Dark Fire

That's a good picture...