Some Grass

Started by fmtoffolo, February 13, 2007, 10:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmtoffolo

hey
i made this to try that free grass tool posted by Costaud , (thanks!!)
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=769.0

There are too many rocks for my taste...but it was just a test.

Hope you like it and i would really love some feedback
My Terragenn site
www.cgworlds.com.ar

old_blaggard

Overall I like the composition of this scene.  I like the rocks' textures, but I think that if you had added a couple more layers with varying size they would have been more realistici.  The grass looks good; my personal tastes want it to be greener, but I've seen grass like that before.  Your sky is simple but pleasant.  Again, overall, nice job.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will

I agree with old blaggard, but it looks very prommising keept it up :)

regards,

WIll
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Tangled-Universe

Yeah old blaggard said it very well...I agree. The grasses and sky look pretty.
I also like the texture on the rocks. Maybe it's nice to try to add a little little more bump on it. Maybe you already know how to do this, but I'll explain it shortly :) maybe useful for other readers/users.

Create a powerfractal V3 (pV3) and connect it to the surface shader of your fake stones (shader input in the middle). Go to the pV3 settings.
Setting ranges which work fine for me most of the times are:

Feature Scale: 0,005 - 0,02
Lead in scale: 0,05 - 0,2
Smallest scale: 0,0005 - 0,002

Displacement: 0,05 - 0,15

As said these are ranges and of course you should have to tinker a bit with them :) these settings work fine for me in most of the cases, if you have questions feel free to ask.

Martin

fmtoffolo

hey! thanks for all the feedback
and yes, I know how to make all those things you talk about. but i was just  testing the grass. thats why its so simple.  :D

Bye
My Terragenn site
www.cgworlds.com.ar

Dark Fire

I agree with everything that has been said so far.