Please exercise some restraint.

Started by gregsandor, July 30, 2010, 01:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregsandor

The science links are interesting, but spamming dozens of them every ten minutes floods this forum and makes it unreadable.  If there are a couple of items that might be interesting to some of us please post them, but this stream of headlines from other sites is better handled by the rest of the internet.

Thanks.

Kadri

This is for me i think , Gregsandor?

Hmm...These links are maybe only a quarter what i read in a day. I try to really post only the good ones.
Of course this is maybe subjective too!

You know , you don't have to read this part of the forum . I don't mean it in the harsh way , Gregsandor !
I think i understand what you say. So i will try to be a bit more restricted in this aspect.

But to say spam to the links i post is a little to much if you ask me  ;)

What do you think about this guys ?

One of the reason i post links here ( so much :) ) is that i thought in the past that this part of the forum was too inactive !
But if many think the way Gregsandor thinks i can live without sharing  knowledge with you here  ;)

Cheers.

gregsandor

I'll offer you a constructive suggestion.  Go to wordpress.com and sign up for one of their free blogs.  You can design a blog website there and post to your heart's content.  I have two myself, where I post information relevant to the topics (they are two very different themed sites).  It is easy to add a new post and to update and edit too.  Most of your posts in this section of the forum have a consistent theme and as a collection would make for a very interesting digest of information from around the web.  You can also then add links to the journals you follow and over time build a readership around the 25% of your daily reading that you wish to share with the world, and have discussion on it too.

Kadri

Constructive reply indeed   :)

I thought about it and somewhere in my old posts said nearly the same what you said !
Yeah , a blog or some kind of website would maybe better.

No problem , Gregsandor !

I am up to my daily reading !

Hetzen

I actually like reading these links.

Maybe some comment, to help guide opinion, to help debate. But otherwise, no, carry on.

FrankB

I'm not bothered by it either. Yes, it is a bit much sometimes, and new, other subjects easily drown in the flow at times, but not to a degree that it becomes problematic or bothers me.

Henry Blewer

If I am not interested in a subject in Open Discussion I ignore it. Many of the posts have been interesting.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Rhalph

First, I read all (well, almost) these links.

Secondly, instead of "dozens every ten minutes", it's more like "2 or 3 a day". Whew, 3 posts a day in a forum, we're getting overwhelmed :p
Seriously, it's not because Kadri is almost the only one creating new threads in this forum that he must stop doing this. If these posts were made by different persons, the post rate would actually be quite low for a forum.
:)

neuspadrin

I read about all these sites that they come from so I've usually already seen/read etc the topic.  It's sometimes nice to be able to bump into the ones that interest me and make a comment occasionally.