Upload System I'm Working On

Started by MeltingIce, February 14, 2007, 04:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingIce

Well I've been hard at work on this script so I thought I would post a little update and a screenshot.  I haven't done a whole lot in the way of styling but heres what it looks like right now.

The red box in the upper right is normally not visible unless theres an error, like the one I threw there.  I have been working a lot on security lately, so you can no longer upload .php files (huge security risk) and you can't use "user.php?dir=../" in the url to go up a directory and view other peoples files.  Also did a little tidying up by moving the directory listing code to a separate php file and put it into a function.

Next in line for me is to start outputting the directory list in a table so I can start formatting it better and add options like delete, move and rename for each file and directory.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Dark Fire

It looks like your upload system is coming along very nicely there. I can't wait until it is finished!

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will

glad you fixed the "user.php?dir=../" thing that was a big secrity thing.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Will

oh and next you need to work on a rendertime calculator  ;)

Regards,

Will

old_blaggard

Heheh... well, since Planetside has decided that's too hard for them right now, maybe he should just make a random number generator and call it a rendertime calculator :P.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

MeltingIce

old_blaggard

Doesn't rand() need some kind of parameters?  Like... between 1 minute and 1 month :P?

MeltingIce

Quote from: old_blaggard on February 17, 2007, 11:47:46 PM
Doesn't rand() need some kind of parameters?  Like... between 1 minute and 1 month :P?
The extra parameters are optional actually  :P

Will

Dark Fire

Quote from: old_blaggard on February 17, 2007, 11:43:30 PM
Heheh... well, since Planetside has decided that's too hard for them right now, maybe he should just make a random number generator and call it a rendertime calculator :P.
I could do that. I've been working for ages on a random number generator. I use it to scare people because it's designed to look like it is hacking into something...

Will

could you share it, that would be so much fun (evil smile)

Regards,

Will

Dark Fire

It is shared. You have to register as a member of my website to download it. If you register and you are logged in, you will find the download links here. There are two versions - one that is quite old (download link at the top), and one that is new (download link near the bottom) and much better but that has not been fully finished (It works fine, but there are no malicious-looking commands yet).

MeltingIce

EDIT: Actually, sorry I just thought of another security hole that I need to work on first.  I need to prevent the execution of files within the users directory, and its a lot harder than it sounds.  CHMOD didn't work since it just ended up either not letting you view any file or letting stuff still execute.  I'm working on a fix now.

MeltingIce

OK FINALLY... I am ready for some beta testing if anyone is interested.  You can download everything you need below.  If don't have a server but wish to test it out on mine, just PM me and I'll open up registrations.  Make sure to read everything in the readme.txt file provided in the download.  Most importantly however, I need feedback!  So please let me know what you think of it so far.  Remember, this is beta so not everything is implemented yet.  I have worked A LOT on security, so everything should be fine on that front.  There shouldn't be any bugs, but of course nothing is perfect so please let me know if you find any.