Alpine Displacement to Vertical

Started by Earendel, November 22, 2009, 09:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earendel

Quote from: jo on November 25, 2009, 06:45:22 PM
Quote from: Earendel on November 25, 2009, 12:33:22 PM
Yes, thanks, that made a big difference. Is a sphere what most people use?

I'm not sure what you mean. The terrain by default is a planet, which is spherical of course.
I mean when adding global water to a planet, the lake object does't seem up to it so do most people use a sphere object for the water?

Ok... none of the copy / paste / duplicate commands were working so I reinstalled Terragen 2. After reinstalling, all the commands from the drop-down menu started working, but some of the shortcuts don't. Specifically, cut, copy and paste don't do anything. The shortcut for duplicate does work, and that's really all I need.

What language are you using for your OS?

Did you know you have to have the network focused before you can use the shortcuts? You need to click in it or tab to it first. When it's focused it has a ring around it.

If you are trying to paste into an internal network you may need to "fit" the network view to see the nodes after pasting. Make sure the network view is focused and then press the "f" key. The pasted nodes will come into view.
I'm using xp64.
The network is focussed, Ctrl+D works, Ctrl+(X/C/V) don't. The edit>cut/copy/paste command do work.

QuoteAlso, if I go the the intern node network view, it's always empty. Is that because I'm using the free edition?

No it's not, you can use internal networks in the free version. Not all nodes have anything inside them. With the default scene the only node that has anything in its internal network is the Background node.
In that case I think it would be a good idea to display text "No nodes in this network" when there are no nodes, and also distinguishing between empty and populated internal networks.

jo

Quote from: Earendel on November 27, 2009, 02:21:57 PM
I mean when adding global water to a planet, the lake object does't seem up to it so do most people use a sphere object for the water?

I presume so, but I'm not sure about that myself. Others will know.

I'm using xp64.

Are you using the English version of XP 64 with an English keyboard?

In that case I think it would be a good idea to display text "No nodes in this network" when there are no nodes, and also distinguishing between empty and populated internal networks.

For the next version there is an indicator on a node showing if that node has internal nodes. I don't think there's a need for text - if there are no internal nodes there are no internal nodes.

Regards,

Jo