Volker Harun's Junk - Lighting Update

Started by Volker Harun, February 15, 2007, 04:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volker Harun

Attached is the Version 0.9 of the Hornblower terrain.
Feel free to study and modify it.

Version 1.0 has a tiny secret (the surface):

old_blaggard

This is a fantastic image!  Thanks so much for sharing!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Volker Harun

Another unfinished one ... well, right in the moment I get some ideas to improve the image and it might be a WIP.
What is your opinion about a wider field of view and some strata? Any other ideas?

Regards,
Volker

rcallicotte

Marvelous terrain.  Excellent point of view.  Cool clouds.  I like this perspective.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MacGyver

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, perfect :-\
I really do like your Hornblower but I don't want to sign in at that page... have to live with the thumbnail I guess :'(
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

efflux

Nice. Long time no see any Volker images but I haven't posted much myself.

Volker Harun

Hi!

Is anybody aquainted with the movie 'Austin Powers' and that scene with Willie Nelson? The scene with Dr. Evil's rocket?

Fun image with a simple distance-shader displacement and weird colouring. Wonderful Tgos by Klas - they deserve a donation! (I will).

Merry X-Mas, may there be peace upon you and your beloved.

Volker

Mandrake

Just a bit phallus, but I like those textures, it's almost like a tree after a lightning strike, if you had some scored charcole type powerfractal on top of that.

cyphyr

Nowt wrong with a phallus at Christmas ;)
Excelant, realistic and funny image, could almost imagine coming across it in a sculpture park :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

rcallicotte

Cool texturing, Volker.  I like the plants, too, and agree Klas has awesome plants.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MacGyver

I like the texturing very much and also the fern! :)
Hope that this "thing" there is just Dr. Evil's rocket and nothing else! :-[
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Volker Harun

That Thingy looked very different in the previews ... funny, I never testrendered the bottom of it.
And going for the final render I just felt like killing the height-driven perlin-displacements (by Efflux).
So I was quite surprised how it looked like finally - and I was waiting quite a while to upload it.
Well, it is in my 'Junk-Thread', isn't it ,-)

Thanks for the critiques :-D

Volker

Volker Harun

Some work in progress ... I am just getting aquainted wit those old Voronoi-functions again.

domdib

Tangled-Universe