Whirlpool

Started by hatter, February 15, 2007, 07:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatter

I had a thought the other day about creating a whirlpool effect using the crater shader in some water. It looked ok-ish but needed the whirling water effect. I remembered someone creating a whirling cloud effect and tried using that but couldn't get it to work so have given up for the time being. Maybe someone else might like the challenge ?

Will

Well you could try a warp shader, or just apply an imagefile for displacment.

regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

hatter

Hmm a warp shader - don't think I've tried one of those - I'll have to try it out !

Thanks

dhavalmistry

warp shader doesnt work...I tried already (unless I am doing something wrong which most likely I might be)

@Will have you tried warp shader before....according to my play around, I found out that its not what you are thinking it is...it doesnt give that warping effect  :-\
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Will

I have used it a little bit, it was more of a suggestion then an acual fact. innovative way of using these shaders are develped each day and just trying to help him along.

Regards,

Will

dhavalmistry

yes I understand....and please dont take it personally.....I am not going against your suggestion or help...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Will

no no its cool, I'm definatly not the definitiv resouce on these thing, i'm still learning new stuff everyday just like everyone else. In fact I should apologize, I didn't mean to imply that I was insulted.

regards,

Will

Oshyan

If you take the same noise function used for the "swirling cloud" effect and apply it to water you'd probably get close to what you want.

- Oshyan