Carpathian Crosses looking for help with Terragen

Started by DeV, February 16, 2007, 02:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeV

About Us
Carpathian Crosses is a community add-on for Red Orchestra - Ostfront '41-'45. We will include new vehicles, ranging from the R35 to the extremely fast BT-7. We will also include some of the most used equipment of the Romanians, for example the originally Czech ZB-30 Light Machine Gun, or the Austrian M95 Rifle. Our scenarios are really diverse in scenery. Ranging from their tankbattle at Chisinau to the beach landing near Dofinovka. Smaller battles, such as the ones outside the city of Odessa will also be included.

Check our website for more information:
http://www.carpathiancrosses.com

Now, the scenarios, that's where your help comes in. We are looking to make our maps have terrain based on Terragen data. We've already found out how to go from a world/terrain file to an ingame scene. Now, our problem is that none of us is any good at making a believable Terragen scene. Which is why I've come here to ask for help. Would any of you be interested in making one or more Terragen scenes for use in our maps? If you're interested please reply here. There's a few things you will have to look for in your scene but these aren't too complicated.

Hope to hear from you.

Steven - DeV

Will

Neat, I love that game I would be intrested in helping. Could you go into more depth about what you require?

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

DeV

Hey Will,

What we need is basically a environment that will go into the skybox. Players won't be able to go onto the terragen terrain but it will be a great part of the environment and it will be in 3D and not just a 2D facade. We have some pictures of styles of surroundings that we would love to see. A must for these terrains is that they're flat in the middle though, since that's where the actual level will be. Eitherway, if you have some sort of instant messaging service it would be better communicating through that, since it's simply easier. I can PM you my IM details if you want, I use MSN and IRC.

Cheers,

Steven - DeV

Will

Hmm intresting, I'll try to get in touch soon, as for now I need to go the a dental apointment.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

mrwho

That sounds interesting, as does the game. I'd love to try and help, I can email you my MSN info if you still need help

DeV

All help is more then welcome, email or PM me your contact details, and I'll get in touch :)