Object population errors and their meaning?

Started by Markal, December 08, 2009, 08:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markal

When rendering images with a lot of objects I have encountered many "population counter errors"....what does that mean? How does it effect the image and how can I get rid of the errors.....or do I need too?
Is it because the population of the object is not seen...behind the camera....overlaid by another object....what is it....what does it mean and how does it effect the render and render time???
Any help or tips on this matter would be greatly appreciated....Thanks!

jo

Hi,

The counter error warning is a notification to us, the developers, that something internal to the population has gone a bit wrong. It shouldn't effect the image and there isn't anything you can do about it regardless. You don't need to worry about it.

We need to revisit the way these errors and warnings are shown in the future so they don't cause people undue alarm.

Regards,

Jo

Henry Blewer

I seem to remember that error warnings could be turned off. I can not find this now.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

jo

Hi,

The only thing like that I can think of is that you can hide warnings in the Errors and Warnings window by clicking a checkbox.

Warnings, which have an icon which looks like a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark, can largely be ignored. Errors, with red hexagon icon, are the important ones.

Regards,

Jo