Snowmen? It's spring time already at NWDA

Started by FrankB, December 13, 2009, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Quote from: FrankB on December 14, 2009, 03:28:41 PM
oh thank you DandelO, just keep on using my thread for any random thought that occurs ;)

I'm sorry, Frank, it was just the talk of Firefox.

I'll butt out. My apologies.

neuspadrin

looks like walli has been busy making some good stuff :).

on the side note of browsers, I prefer chrome.  Firefox seems to have bloated up.  Chrome still feels lightweight and works fast and renders well.  Also chrome now has extensions so i can get the one and only extension i need (adblocking).

FrankB

Quote from: dandelO on December 14, 2009, 03:35:46 PM
oh thank you DandelO, just keep on using my thread for any random thought that occurs ;)

hehehe, I was just joking, I don't mind :)

neuspadrin

Quote from: FrankB on December 14, 2009, 03:49:26 PM
Quote from: dandelO on December 14, 2009, 03:35:46 PM

hehehe, I was just joking, I don't mind :)

well if you use verizon it could be a violation of your acceptable use and be cause to kick you off the service ;)

https://www.verizon.net/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_policies&id=AcceptableUse

2.e.

Quote(e) post off-topic information on message boards, chat rooms or social networking sites

found that amusing when i saw it on slashdot a bit ago ;)

FrankB

hmm... the thread is drifting a bit too much. Back to the original subject, please.

Have I mentioned that we have a couple new great flower packs on http://www.nwdanet.com ? ;D

Frank

Henry Blewer

I will be getting the flower packs Friday. They look great.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

TheBlackHole

Quote from: dandelO on December 14, 2009, 03:11:55 PM
Firefox has really pissed me off(to go off topic for a bit, sorry, Frank). Since v.3.0 FF has removed your ability to remove your visited websites, delete your history and to have any control over your browsing details after they've been browsed.

From about 1 to 2 months ago, I've used Google Chrome as an alternative and, I must say, it is really functional and pliable to your needs. Mozilla have taken a turn for the worst since FF v.2.xx(which was a fantastic browser), everything after 3.0 is taking away your right to control your browsing details. Even the history/clear private data/etc. items do not work anymore in FF 3. Google this for more info. It isn't just me...
I guess they're trying to compete with Micro$oft not letting you have any control over your operating system beyond the default settings.
@FrankB
Could you post pricing details in dollars as well as euros? I'm having trouble understanding the actual price here, and I don't want to pull out a conversion factor every time you post a price.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Seth

Quote from: TheBlackHole on December 14, 2009, 08:39:00 PM

@FrankB
Could you post pricing details in dollars as well as euros? I'm having trouble understanding the actual price here, and I don't want to pull out a conversion factor every time you post a price.

the conversion rate changes everyday.

FrankB

trouble is also that your bank / paypal will take whatever conversion rate, not necessarily the daily one, and maybe keep an arbitrary amount for the conversion service as well. So I would be afraid of being accused of not stating prices correctly if I would mention them alongside the € price you find in the shop.
This is difficult stuff, but I definitely understand your request.
Alternatively, you can just multiply € with 1.5, then you get the rough dollar amount, an order of magnitude at least, as the current acutal is 1.46.

Cheers,
Frank

FrankB

We would be very pleased if everyone who has purchased the latest flower packs, would write and submit a short customer review on the respective product page on www.nwdanet.com

Thank you,
Frank

Henry Blewer

Google will do the conversion between money at the current exchange rate. Then you can tell how much the charge the bank is taking.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Seth

;)

neuspadrin

if i recall correctly it also calculates into your currency once you log into paypal to pay.  or just google it.  or learn to do rough calculations of conversion of common currencies.

like 1 euro ~= 1.5 usd

And as frank said, each bank uses different conversion rates and updates them at different times which can actually change price quite enough to piss some people off with "inaccurate" prices.  

Like when i went to germany with my gf to visit her parents (who are usaf and live on base), i would give her dad money to convert for me as he got super awesome military usd -> euro conversion rates that beat the heck out of the normal bank rates.

also if you wont pay for bits and bytes? ok.. go make those bits and bytes yourself. 

You paid for your computer yes? that means money most likely went towards microsoft's os (bits/bytes).  And work is work.  The knowledge to make bits/bytes ;) is expensive and takes a long time to gain sometimes.  What about any games/cds?

Would you pay for a product made of wood? you have trees right outside for free... Would you pay for food? you could grow your own....

Digital products are worth a price just like everything else.

TheBlackHole

Quote from: neuspadrin on December 15, 2009, 01:13:40 PM
if i recall correctly it also calculates into your currency once you log into paypal to pay.  or just google it.  or learn to do rough calculations of conversion of common currencies.

like 1 euro ~= 1.5 usd

And as frank said, each bank uses different conversion rates and updates them at different times which can actually change price quite enough to piss some people off with "inaccurate" prices.  

Like when i went to germany with my gf to visit her parents (who are usaf and live on base), i would give her dad money to convert for me as he got super awesome military usd -> euro conversion rates that beat the heck out of the normal bank rates.

also if you wont pay for bits and bytes? ok.. go make those bits and bytes yourself. 

You paid for your computer yes? that means money most likely went towards microsoft's os (bits/bytes).  And work is work.  The knowledge to make bits/bytes ;) is expensive and takes a long time to gain sometimes.  What about any games/cds?

Would you pay for a product made of wood? you have trees right outside for free... Would you pay for food? you could grow your own....

Digital products are worth a price just like everything else.
Uhhh, you still think I still don't want to pay for NWDA stuff just because it's a download? I don't like paying to download stuff. If it was all on a CD/DVD I'd buy it if I had the $$$...
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Oshyan

Let's not stray into the "paying for downloads or not" topic, please.

- Oshyan