Summer

Started by MGebhart, December 13, 2009, 09:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGebhart

Summer WIP. It still needs some improvement.

http://web.me.com/marcgebhart1/New_Site_Under_Constuction/Summer.html

Marc
Marc Gebhart

Cyber-Angel

My suggestion would be, to try and randomize your ground cover some more as the distribution is too uniform at the moment; your tree distribution looks fine too me but as I say the ground cover needs too be more random in its distribution. You might also want too look at adding slight variation in the height of your ground cover as the height too me at least looks too uniform (Maybe this is some thing you plan on, if so my apologies). Other then the aforementioned I like this image.  ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel          

Henry Blewer

I like the blue jay very much. I would break up the ferns a little. They seem to evenly placed, as Cyber-Angel said.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

inkydigit

I echo the above...looking sweet thus far!

BTilson

That really is an excellent scene all around! It may be my crappy laptop screen, but it looks to me like you have some noise in the shadow areas? Not sure exactly how to fix that, as I'm still VERY new to TG2.
Brooks Tilson

Kadri

Nice render Marc .
I think if you place the bird a little more to the side ( left or right ) it would look better (by changing the pov just a little).
It would be not in the front of the tree behind.

Kadri.

MGebhart

Thank you for all the suggestions. This exactly the feed back I was looking for.

Also, I need to figure out how to make the fake stones shader look more natural. I think they need to have color variation and well, look like rocks. I will work on the haze as well. BTilson, yes there is noise is the shadow parts. I will correct this when I do the final render. Thank you.

Thanks again. I will use all your suggestion in the next version.

Marc
Marc Gebhart

inkydigit

Quote from: MGebhart on December 14, 2009, 10:08:29 AM
Thank you for all the suggestions. This exactly the feed back I was looking for.

Also, I need to figure out how to make the fake stones shader look more natural. I think they need to have color variation and well, look like rocks. I will work on the haze as well. BTilson, yes there is noise is the shadow parts. I will correct this when I do the final render. Thank you.

Thanks again. I will use all your suggestion in the next version.

Marc

for your stones try these  http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=4443.msg47588#msg47588
...there are plenty others also in the rock librrary!

Linda McCarthy

What a beautiful, peaceful scene and a quality render.  I agree re the uniformity of objects, and I'd like to see more of the treetops. 
As is, it's a lovely image.
Linda

schmeerlap

It really is a gorgeous woodland scene. My eye zoomed straight into a repetitive pattern on the bark texture on the central tree, and I'm also seeing a seam going all the way up it. I don't know, maybe my visual cortex is imagining this pattern, as no-one else seems to have spotted this.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

TheBlackHole

I wish it was still summer here. It's so $#^&ing cold right now!! I can't stand it! Summer is now just a distant memory.... :(
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

MGebhart

Hi everyone,

The provided image is a quick test.

What is the best settings to eliminate the noise in the shadow areas. I'm using a quality of .9 and AA 7. Gi Surface checked.

Also, I would like to welcome Linda to the forum. Seems like she is having a fun time with T2 and the forum.

Thanks,

Marc 

Marc Gebhart

Oshyan

Uncheck GI Surface Details, increase Atmosphere Samples and/or Soft Shadow Samples (if you're using soft shadows).

- Oshyan

choronr

The light, shadows, colors and contrasts are making me go back and look again ...very good work Marc. This one sets the pattern for other images you'll create hopefully in the future.

Henry Blewer

It is nice to see that you are using the plants you took the trouble to provide. This is a very inviting looking place.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T