Warzone 2

Started by dhavalmistry, February 15, 2007, 08:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I call this war zone because of the dark environment...

did some touch up in PS

hope you guys like it.....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Will

Nice, great cloud lighting.

regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

As Will said, great cloud lighting.  I wish there was less grain in the clouds though... I personally it's worth it to add the couple of hours to the render and make it look smooth.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

ya..I rendered this image with 512 atmo samples....will probly try 2048  ;)

my fav part is the background....almost looks like hi-density explosion

old_blaggard

Yeah, the background is pretty cool.  Try increasing the cloud samples instead of the atmosphere samples - try pushing them to 500 or 600.  If they already are that high, decrease the roughness in your noise function a little bit.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

I tried that but doing so...I completely lost the essence of the scene....the clouds became like foam...if u know what I mean....

I didnt know about the noise...so my atm samples doesnt solve the problem...I'll try noise thing....

I already have started rendering and its about 5% done....

dhavalmistry

ok....render is done enough to see that I am still getting lot of grains (atmo 2048 samples)

Now I am gonna try decreasing noise roughness...just a question tho....

wouldnt changing the noise roughness, change the whole shape and position of the cloud??....

Oshyan

What were your cloud samples at? Atmosphere samples should never really need to be above 512 or even 256. I have seldom used values of 256. 32 is my average, with 64 or 128 being used in scenes with heavy shadow or rays. I've used 256 a very few times and only once gone higher. It's likely that cloud samples are the source of your noise.

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

cloud sample quality is set to 1 (80 samples)

Oshyan

Definitely increase that then. The detail slider is an approximation. I usually use between 1 and 2 although with extreme settings (high density or edge sharpness in particular) sometimes 3 or more is needed. And take your atmosphere samples back down to 64 or 128. You should get lower render times and better quality.

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

yes I lowered down the atm samples to 128 and increased the cloud quality to 3 and I am still getting little bit of grain.....thanx for your help

dhavalmistry

Increasing the cloud samples didnt work either..it started to loose its original color so I decreased the coverage adjust...it wasnt quite there when I rendered it but a bit of touch-up in PS did the job....

here are the two renders: Original on top and modified one at the bottom

Dark Fire

Very nice picture - the colours are great!

Will

the very very faint rays are really cool man.

regards,
Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.