Airboat (Update to v.3!)

Started by Malcolm79, December 15, 2009, 04:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm79

Quote from: ThinkPink on December 17, 2009, 04:08:54 AM
Great Render! Is the boat a selfmade object or a ready to use object from DAZ?
If you say the boat took nearly 12 h to render (in DAZ?), that means you took the rendered boat (image) and merged the images in PS ?
Why don't you made an export from DAZ (Wavefront .OBJ) and imported the object in TG? Then you don't have to wait 12h.
ThinkPink, Im not an modeller, Airboat is a ready to use object. Im just exported this from DAz Studio to TG2.
As I said earlier, my computer not powerful (I bought it in 2005) and higher values of a quality increase a time of render. Second version of artwork "Airboat" rendered in TG2 about 12 hours...In Photoshop i made a little color correction.

ThinkPink

Ah sorry ... my mistake ....  ;D
Btw ... Do you have render problems with DAZ? If I take Pixel Samples (x/y) higher than "35" DAZ Studio crashes

Malcolm79

Quote from: ThinkPink on December 17, 2009, 09:49:13 AM
Ah sorry ... my mistake ....  ;D
Btw ... Do you have render problems with DAZ? If I take Pixel Samples (x/y) higher than "35" DAZ Studio crashes
I dont have problem with Daz studio. Because i used Studio like a "transit station" to Bryce 6.0 or Export models to TG 2)

Malcolm79

Version #3. Try to fix mistakes with population of tree.

Henry Blewer

It's much better. I would use a new population in the lower right to fill in the bare areas. Just enough to make it look more even with the rest of the image. Also, when you are ready to do a final, try a small render with ray traced shadows in the clouds. The sun shining through does not look right. Or move the sun up or down a little for god rays.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T