Over the river - Old and new 02

Started by Kadri, December 15, 2009, 08:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Hi,

This black and white image is a photocopy of one of the pictures i made in 1982 . The other one is new .

The background was made in TG2 . The plane in Lightwave . The plane is made by me.
Only the body of the pilot is a astronout model from the Nasa site .
I made the head (changed one of the default heads  :) )  in " MakeHuman 0.9.1 RC1 " .It is barely seen anyway...

A little pixel pushing here and there of course .

The major problem was that i use  free TG2 .I made 6 tiles of the background and then stitched them together.
I am not really satisfied with this image . But changing  things is painful in this way.
Maybe when i buy TG2 in the future i will update it.

Cheers.

Kadri.

Henry Blewer

I think Mr. Lucas might have missed someone to work at Industrial Light and Magic. 
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Zairyn Arsyn

WOW.  8)

i think the the surfacing on the planet looks pretty good...
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Kadri

Thanks guys  :) But there are really many things to improve .
I haven't slept last night. Thus i can barely  write now.

The ground is in fact very basic ( but was very time consuming ) . It is a big picture that i made from Google Earth .
Stitched many of them together . The forest too was made in this way . It is becoming a bad habit  ;D
The image is 20 000 x 6 000 pixel wide . With a little (in my opinion a little to much ) displacement .

Cheers.

Kadri.

schmeerlap

I like the TG2 background too. It's always good to see TG2ers exhibiting their own models in a TG scene. Given your obvious skills I think buying the full version of TG2 will be an excellent move on your part.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Linda McCarthy

Really well done, Kadri- the drawing and the Terragen background.  Great perspective.  Linda

Malcolm79

Very well done! Fantastic and dynamic artwork. 5+++!