Cylindrical Projection Test

Started by schmeerlap, January 01, 2010, 11:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schmeerlap

Following on from my incongruous image mapping of that tower I recently uploaded in the Image Sharing section, I decided to make a test image for image mapping purposes and then apply it to a negatively displaced crater (tower). Below you'll find my results on an inverted crater, and the settings I used to overlay the image map with cylindrical projection that best gives faithful scaling.
The scale of your image map will depend on the diameter of your negative crater, but follow the proportions I've got here and you should be ok.
ps. I'll post the test image in the File Sharing section; someone may find it useful.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Henry Blewer

Playing around with image maps has been one of the things I have been working on. It is very difficult, to me at least, to get the map to rap correctly. This is a good pointer.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Technical Ben

Thank you Schmeerlap resources like this are invaluable. I've been having problems with co-ordinates as I'm use to everything being labelled in X,Y and Z in other software. So baing able to visualise the results helps it click together.