Bridge WIP

Started by ThinkPink, December 17, 2009, 12:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinkPink

This is my first selfmade object modeled with BLENDER (Export as Wavefront and import in TG as OBJ)

I still have to do some work in blender with the bridge to get an old and damaged look (some parts look very "new"). The next question is the scene in TG - daylight or better a night render?

Btw: I used Xfrog trees (birch). Anyone an idea with the settings of the leafs so that they get a more "realistic" look?

Thanks or comments

TheBlackHole

First, get rid of that tiling texture on the bridge. Replace it with a procedural. If you need better trees, try Walli's or MGebhart's trees. Unless you're already using theirs. Make sure in the OBJ Loader dialog that says "Is this object from Xfrog?" you click Yes. I've never used vegetation objects though, so you might not want my advice.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

ra

You could make this look somehow like in LOTR? (couldn't find the scene from the movie)

Mouthwash? We don't need no stinking mouthwash!! [MI2]
See what I see: www.earthlings.com
http://dinjai.deviantart.com

schmeerlap

I think that's looking good. Maybe a rougher stone texture displacement map as depicted in the image posted by ra. Given the foggy lighting the leaves on the tree don't look too bad. Try different settings of Diffuse and Translucency on the Default shader till you've got the leaves as dark or as light as you want. Looking forward to the finished scene.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Henry Blewer

I increase the translucency of the leaves when I use the sweet birch. (When I remember to anyway)
I would use a power fractal as a mask and a second power fractal to make portions of the bridge look more broken up. A third and fourth set of power fractals for coloring with a stretched Y axis. These would be for color variation and darker weathering. 
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

aymenk2003

...much better render... we need to see more details on the wall...
N.KAID
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.