VoiceOfRa makes a go of it

Started by voiceofra, February 17, 2007, 06:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voiceofra

This isn't quite as impressive as many of the other TG2 renders I've seen, but it is for ME - my first render (done back in December 2006) just plain sucked, for lack of a better term.
The tutorials were a big help in making the transition from TG to TG2 much easier.
I plan on using the same tgd file and making a series of renders with objects, different angles, etc etc.
I do love the sun rays on this one.
It's going to be a fun learning experience. ;D
This was done on a MacBook Core Duo with 768M RAM, while doing other stuff like browsing, email. Took about 2 hours.

Will

Neat render! Great rays you have there congrads.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

Nice rays.  I wish I had a Macbook... my Powerbook would probably take the better part of a day to render that.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

voiceofra

Quote from: old_blaggard on February 17, 2007, 06:33:57 PM
Nice rays.  I wish I had a Macbook... my Powerbook would probably take the better part of a day to render that.
I was pleasantly surprised at how relatively fast it rendered. The one I did back in December was on an XP box with 512M and it took probably 2x as long, if I recall correctly...but it was also not a latest and greatest machine, either.

Will

I got an XPS....with XP and Fedora on it so its not comletely evil.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

dhavalmistry

nice one mate....how long that take you to render???
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

voiceofra

Quote from: dhavalmistry on February 17, 2007, 11:29:53 PM
nice one mate....how long that take you to render???
The short side of 2 hours. A lot less than it took to do my first one on my old 'puter.

Dark Fire

The rays in that render are great. My only problem with that render is the lack of colour variation on the terrain...

voiceofra

Quote from: Dark Fire on February 18, 2007, 09:49:54 AM
The rays in that render are great. My only problem with that render is the lack of colour variation on the terrain...
Well, as I said in my original post - it IS my first render using TG2 since December '06 and that I plan on doing more renders with the same tgd. More color would probably be among them...  ;) I'm not 100% happy with the color of the sky/atmosphere, either..that'd be one of the first things I tweak :)
'

inkydigit

very nice rays/pov/sky!
this would tie up my old imac for at least a day or more!!!
great work, cant wait to see more!