Mapping

Started by MGebhart, January 15, 2010, 03:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGebhart

Hi,

I have always noticed that xFrog will not map the trunk of the tree correctly. See image.

I can correct this in MAX but, I hate having to jump through all the hoops.

Can I apply mapping coordinates using Terragen to correct the problem?

Marc
Marc Gebhart

Henry Blewer

I hardly ever use image maps. PoseRay seems to make the corrections easily. Better image mapping would be a great thing in a future update. With the new raytraced objects, it would help immensely.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Oshyan

TG2 does not have any UV map control built-in, and isn't likely to in the near future. That's really more the realm of 3rd party modeling tools. TG2 is intended for object rendering much more than editing. The important bit is to make sure that imported objects render correctly in TG2, though I think in this case you're right and the problem is outside of TG2.

- Oshyan

Dune

You can alter that in the two bottom sliders in XFrog's texture mapping menu. If you double the number in the bottom one it'll shrink, or the other way around. The one above works in the circumference of the trunk. The numbers depend on the numbers elsewhere, but I cannot remember its' name (the top one, anyway). If I'm right here, as I haven't XFrog open at the moment.

---Dune