Sun

Started by Kadri, January 05, 2010, 10:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Sun project file.

TheBlackHole

I'll try to add a glow to this. Hopefully I can do a corona with cloud layers.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Kadri

After Frank's help about glow i made another attempt .
Not quite as i wanted but better then nothing .
Here is the tgd file (first load the zip file above then put this file in the same folder) .

No post on this one.

Kadri.

TheBlackHole

For some reason my TG2 doesn't render this scene like your render. It's saying something about "gold.jpg" and "Cember_akis_tek_parca.obj". Could you upload those files so I can render it right?
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Kadri

Did you download the zip file in the first post ( Sun.zip ) ?

Then if you download the second file (sun_15.tgd ) you have to put this file in the same folder where you open the first zip file .

If i didn't mess something up this should work.

Kadri.

Kadri

If you made all thinks right and your render still isn't the same . This can be that i put here an image of a converted openEXR file.
If you look at the last pictures name it is " sun_from_EXR_output.jpg ".

By rendering and saving a standard BMP file you can not have the same appearance.

You have to save the render as an EXR file. If you don't have a software that can open or edit EXR files take a look at this :

http://www.xnview.com/en/downloadwin32.html

Download the bottom " XnView v1.97 Complete version (Some Plugins/Addons & NConvert, ShellEx, Media Detector) " file.
I made the conversion with this. I like Xnview and use it all the time.

But ı don't remember about the EXR plugin for Xnview if it is right away there or if you have to search for it.
If you install xnview be careful and install it in custom mode. I dont install in default mode any software.
You have this way better control of the adjustment . And some applications tent to put garbage on your system sometimes.

You may know this things but maybe it is helpful  for others  :)

Cheers.

Kadri.

Thelby

That is really spectacular.