On Edge

Started by Markal, January 09, 2010, 01:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Quote from: njeneb on January 10, 2010, 12:20:23 PM
Frank, I think I pointed out one in one image, but missed the thirteen that you thought were glaring out at everyone in the same image.

SILENCE! <high pitch> I **** you! </high pitch>  ;D ;D ;D

Henry Blewer

http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Linda McCarthy

Hi Mark,
I happen to love this picture, especially the rock texture, lighting, clarity, contrast and mood.
No accounting for taste, I guess. ;)
Linda

Markal

Quotehmm....

having thought about this really, really hard, I can't seem recall a single image I posted on this forum, where nobody had pointed out an obvious mistake if there was one.   

O.K. FrankB...but I don't believe any of your critics re-posted your image with their critiques highlighted!!!.  My image that I worked long and hard on is now a poster child for what not to do...even though I still think it looks O.K. To say or write something looks wrong is not so bad....but to repost the image with the area highlighted I think takes it a bit far...thats all....I'm not a whiner nor am I offended by critiques...I've said enough....the more I say the more misunderstood I get....sorry to bring this all up in the first place.

Henry Blewer

I hope you continue to share your work with us here. Not many of use use image maps on the terrain. I tied once and could not get it right. John (Schmeerlap) is very good doing this. But he makes mistakes sometimes also doing this.

I have a feeling that before long you will be doing this technique flawlessly. It is not an easy method to use; you have really done a fine job.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

schmeerlap

Quote from: njeneb on January 11, 2010, 11:55:32 AM
John (Schmeerlap) . . . . . . makes mistakes sometimes also doing this.
Absolutely. I've posted lots of images that "looked ok" to me, that had glaring faults pointed out to me (perhaps not graphically) and were subsequently downgraded (in my mind) to how-not-to-do-its.  :(
No, no, no John: flawed masterpieces: please.  ;D

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.